Spice of india gleadless

it opened last thursday, anyone been and whats it like, as the little india before hope its as good

Never went to the old place I like chutney over the road tried all the others in gleadless tho I wonder who owns the new place will have to try it soon

Chutney, have been twice and it was rubbish. Go to Viraaj on Woodseats. It's the best

any one been yet

Hi I think you should be the first to report on it

However if I go first will let you know

Chutney, have been twice and it was rubbish. Go to Viraaj on Woodseats. It's the best

Correction - Kashmiri Aroma in Woodseats :D

Went again on Sunday evening. Never fails to impress! :clap:

ok will let you know as soon as we go ,thought someone on here would have been by now tho.

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 15:46 ----------

went monday 25th, very smart inside,warm , candle lit on table, did not push for drinks. the popadoms very crisp and the pickle tray yoghurt was the best ive ever had, very spicy. after barghi starter they asked if we wanted a few minutes,and we had asked for well done nan this came very crispy and dry as they dont put butter on and it was fantastic. the coffee was good and offered top ups.all in all 10\10 just a bit up on price from the little india but worth it,did miss the old team tho. the staff very smart and they left you to get on with your meal a party of 6 came in and i think may have been in the first week because they all just ordered with a glance at the menu. so if they keep this relaxed warm atmosphere and soft indian background music they will do well ps the lady at the bar area who i think was the owner looked very good in her indian dress and a nice change to see lady staff nowadays

ok will let you know as soon as we go ,thought someone on here would have been by now tho.

---------- Post added 26-03-2013 at 15:46 ----------

went monday 25th, very smart inside,warm , candle lit on table, did not push for drinks. the popadoms very crisp and the pickle tray yoghurt was the best ive ever had, very spicy. after barghi starter they asked if we wanted a few minutes,and we had asked for well done nan this came very crispy and dry as they dont put butter on and it was fantastic. the coffee was good and offered top ups.all in all 10\10 just a bit up on price from the little india but worth it,did miss the old team tho. the staff very smart and they left you to get on with your meal a party of 6 came in and i think may have been in the first week because they all just ordered with a glance at the menu. so if they keep this relaxed warm atmosphere and soft indian background music they will do well ps the lady at the bar area who i think was the owner looked very good in her indian dress and a nice change to see lady staff nowadays

Well what can i say the way you describe it cant wait to go now sounds like a proper curry house i will go after the easter break thanks.

went again easter sat and at 8pm every seat taken ,we had shahi chicken with mince and a vegetable methi and the taste was spicy but not to hot a served on very hot plates, so your food keeps its heat again service was very good and not rushing you at all even though they were busy.also the telephone orders for collections kept ringing. i think if they can keep this service and quality they will do well ihope so.

went again easter sat and at 8pm every seat taken ,we had shahi chicken with mince and a vegetable methi and the taste was spicy but not to hot a served on very hot plates, so your food keeps its heat again service was very good and not rushing you at all even though they were busy.also the telephone orders for collections kept ringing. i think if they can keep this service and quality they will do well ihope so.

Glad you enjoyed it hoping to go next week

I went here the other day. The food was lovely. The poppadoms crisp and fresh and the pickle tray was delicious to. As someone else said the naan bread is lovely and crisp but still has the dough like texture with plenty of garlic on top. The meat was good quality and the sauce very flavoursome. All in all I will definitely be going back as the food is great quality and the staff very friendly. The prices are really good to.

I just hope that in this economic climate it can thrive as everywhere seems to be struggling. It was very quiet when I went and I do like to see a busy restaurant. So everyone please go and keep our local restaurants going. If the quality stays the same I can't see why it won't thrive but maybe the number of indians in this area is a reason for the this?

I would recommend you try it.:)

Edited by virgoen18

would you recomend this as place as ime off out next week and wanting go somewhere nice