Has anyone else had a problem with Curry's after sale service?

I bought a combination oven from Curry's (Meadowhall Retail Park) on the 2nd January, today the door of the oven wouldn't open when I pressed the button. I phoned Curry's on the number given in the phone book for Meadowhall. It went to a call centre, I was given an option of 8 numbers to press, that took me to another option of numbers, and then another option of numbers, 10 minuets of pressing buttons until I got a "human voice". They told me the store couldn't do anything about the fault until it had been checked by an engineer and gave me a phone number to call. "Sorry we dont come out you have bring the appliance to us "

I explained I couldn't carry the oven on and off two buses so they told me the charge for collecting and bringing back was £36, which I declined. If this is Curry's After Sale Service, I shant be giving them any more custom. Needless to say after I had calmed down and pressed to button again the door opened. I at least expected an Engineer to come out and check it after less than two months of use, there must a fault the reason the door wouldn't open in the first place. Has anybody else had a problem with After Care from Curry's?

theres a currys employee on the forum, i'll pm her & see if she can advise you:)

I vowed never to buy from currys again after the debacle I had with a tv I bought from them, and broke 2 months later.

Their after sales is deplorable. I only managed to get the store to change it after I went to the store with the tv and refused to leave til they exchanged it

My Mother bought a TV from them after one month sound went,

had to wait a week for someone to come out, he replaced part, two months later same thing went again. Currys said nothing to do with them, Sharps sent

repairman again changed same part. In 8 months it needed attention 5 times, Currys insisted not there problem, but after visiting there shop about 4 times

eventually she got a new tv which up to now is fine, but Currys after sales is shocking. I would never use them ever. This was a different branch to the one above so this seems to be there standard. Very Poor

My Mother bought a TV from them after one month sound went,

had to wait a week for someone to come out, he replaced part, two months later same thing went again. Currys said nothing to do with them, Sharps sent

repairman again changed same part. In 8 months it needed attention 5 times, Currys insisted not there problem, but after visiting there shop about 4 times

eventually she got a new tv which up to now is fine, but Currys after sales is shocking. I would never use them ever. This was a different branch to the one above so this seems to be there standard. Very Poor

It looks as though this is quite normal for Curry's this is the first time I have ever bought from them but it will be the last, and to add insult to injury I have just checked John Lewis's web site and the oven is £5 cheaper there and one phone call to them the problem would have been sorted straight away. We live and learn.

With the number of times I've seen Currys on BBC Watchdog, I wouldn't buy from them.

Hopefully they'll go the same way as Comet.

You need to robustly make sure they fulfil their responsibilities under the Sales of Goods Act. See the section "Returning the Goods" here - it suggests to me that Currys should either visit or pay the cost of return.

Never again my self after a tv broke down after 2 months waited 3 weeks for engineer just for it to brake down again. It ended will a 2 hour phone conversation with store from sale person up to area manager will No joy so I went straight to store sat and refused to leave with out a new tv stating the sale off goods act. Result 30 mins later had a new one in the carand one the way home.

Yes, I bought a Curry last week and after I had eaten it, decided I didn't like it. I phoned them, but they refused to give me a refund. Their telesales team were very convincing though, and sold me a lamb bhuna and 4 poppadoms, so all's well that ends well.

Give the Action Desk at the Star a ring, after Curry's messing me around for 3 months, l rung ^^^^, and got a Telephone call from the Manager that same day, problem solved within 4 weeks : )

People shouid know their rights better and how to put those facts accross

I will never buy from Currys again after having a terrible experience with their Crystal Peaks store. Not surprised they are on Watchdog all the time. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced and the manager I spoke to was very rude and patronising. I was genuinely shocked by how rude she was and the tone of her voice suggested that I was a complete imbecile for wanting my 6 week old, faulty satnav exchanged for a working one. I ended up having to repair it myself. Never, ever again.