Akbars West St sheffield

Me too been going for years the food its always good and its always busy, which speaks volumes really especially when you consider where it is, not like it gets much passing trade people would not go back if the food/venue was not good.

Its advertising is very good and unfortunately people believe the hype.

Its advertising is very good and unfortunately people believe the hype.

The best advertising is word of mouth and I know dozens of people who have been there (the one on meadowbank rd) and they all recommend it and go back most reviewers give it excellent on trip advisor too.

The best advertising is word of mouth and I know dozens of people who have been there (the one on meadowbank rd) and they all recommend it and go back most reviewers give it excellent on trip advisor too.

It's like the chain pubs, the masses flock to them because everybody else does but the food is of a very average quality, Shapla, Butlers, Jewell, Cutlers Spice are all way better than Akbars but do not have Akbars publicity arm backing them, I have been to Akbars on three occasions, the first by choice the other two at the request of others, the only memories I have of the three visits is being herded around, rushed once we had a table and average food (the starters were slightly better than the mains), its basically a fast food Indian for the hard of thinking.

It's like the chain pubs, the masses flock to them because everybody else does but the food is of a very average quality, Shapla, Butlers, Jewell, Cutlers Spice are all way better than Akbars but do not have Akbars publicity arm backing them, I have been to Akbars on three occasions, the first by choice the other two at the request of others, the only memories I have of the three visits is being herded around, rushed once we had a table and average food (the starters were slightly better than the mains), its basically a fast food Indian for the hard of thinking.

Never seen any advertising for Akbars.

Shapla is ok, Butlers is pretty poor (worse since they moved), Cutlers Spice is quite good. Akbar is slightly better than that.

The Mrs is Indian and agrees Akbars has the best indian food in Sheffield.

Oh and now Maveli.

Never seen any advertising for Akbars.

Shapla is ok, Butlers is pretty poor (worse since they moved), Cutlers Spice is quite good. Akbar is slightly better than that.

The Mrs is Indian and agrees Akbars has the best indian food in Sheffield.

Oh and now Maveli.

Their claims to greatness are plastered all over taxis and buses, my Mrs is English but she's no expert on the quality of English food.

Their claims to greatness are plastered all over taxis and buses, my Mrs is English but she's no expert on the quality of English food.

Oh never seen any of those. It's always funny how everyone tries tobad mouth anything that gets popular. They never seem to understand that places are popular because they are good.

Oh never seen any of those. It's always funny how everyone tries tobad mouth anything that gets popular. They never seem to understand that places are popular because they are good.

I've been and its not good!!!

Op- the place is over priced, and the food I don't feel is of a good standard, id rather get a take out from Kebabish on wicker!

has anyone been? i want to go there for my birthday in just over a week and i was hoping someone could tell me if the food / service / price is good?

I went last Sunday after it was highly recommended, VERY noisy, lots of screaming kids, plates were still wet when put on table, Very dark, food average, wont be going back.

I went last Sunday after it was highly recommended, VERY noisy, lots of screaming kids, plates were still wet when put on table, Very dark, food average, wont be going back.

My thoughts exactly couture, I really fail to see why some people rate it so highly, its an awful place. If I had been once I would put it down to a bad night but I've been THREE times and it was average all three times, non of the people I went with would have any wish to go again.

could people make life easier, call the akbars near rotherham the real akbars, and the one in the city centre downtown akbars

Op- the place is over priced, and the food I don't feel is of a good standard, id rather get a take out from Kebabish on wicker!

Lol. The place that has the curry sat there for days and stick it in a microwave. Hmmmm delicious. :loopy: