Attercliffe 1953-60s

Anyone memories of the schools, pubs and steelworks in Attercliffe in between these dates 1953 -60s

Perhaps a few Coleridge Road pupils out their .

Can anyone name a few shops between Broughton Lane and Banners near Staniforth Road.

Anyone remember the well known characters of the time. :hihi:

In fact any memories covering this period would be nice to hear

Anyone memories of the schools, pubs and steelworks in Attercliffe in between these dates 1953 -60s

Can anyone name a few shops between Broughton Lane and Banners near Staniforth Road.

Hi old mate,I remember Earnest Giles opticians used to get my school issue glasses their,nice bloke,Used to go in the Amberly to hear the pianist and the old uns singing along, happy days.

Edited by dave d
grammar

What part of Attercliffe Common was the shop ?

Opposite the end of Clay street.I got my first pair of specs there when I was 11.

omg there were so many I remember hallats optician opposite broughton lane post office opo school higher up peirpoint fruits cox record shop used to stand in the booths to listen your record before you buy burtons butchers whymans so many I remember and used to be awoolworths with wooden floors Mathews furniture just afew that comes to mind j xx

A little bit off your map, but I remember seeing Tony Dalli, Ronnie Dukes and Rickie Lee at the Dog and Partridge about 1956.

Rozzington bazzar end of worksop rd, Hewitts barbers, Myers butches, Woolworths, Wades furnature then called Freedas,Walk around store bottom of Brinsworth st.Slacks bakery, Carlines supermarket, Fine fare supermarket, Talbots butchers Olivers butches, Banners, Burtons tailors,Jack Travis tailors March the tailors and many many more not enough time to name them EX Attercliffe lad:thumbsup:

Toney Dalli appeared at Moulders WMC once.

---------- Post added 18-03-2013 at 19:11 ----------

well done young man :-)

well if those of us brought up on the cliffe I would say if like me have the wonderful memories of growing up it may have been a rather not so clean area shall we say but almost certainly an happy place to be I have many memories cant say I remember anyone person that stuck out as different I think we were all unique in our own way lots of memories jxx

What part of Attercliffe Common was the shop ?

it was near the Golden Ball pub,

Myers shop down Oakes Green was a Grocers shop, I have vague memories of getting sweets from there but I left when I was 4