Where is the best & cheapest place for tyres?

Cheap I tyres are cheap because it is made in countries with cheap labour, have no Union , so the manufacture can pass saving to the customers

Also they don't spend millions on advertising, how much does it cost Bridgestone to supply tyres to F1. Who's paying for it?

It is amazing that people are willing to risk their life just to save a few quid.

And surely the experience Bridgestone get from race tyres goes into their "ordinary" ones.

Edited by davyboy

Cheap I tyres are cheap because it is made in countries with cheap labour, have no Union , so the manufacture can pass saving to the customers

If we're talking China, you have to ask about the quality of the materials they're using.

I can't speak for other cars but for mine its just a tenner's difference between cheap budget tyres and Yokohama or Avon. Is it really worth it for louder road noise, shorter lifespan, worse fuel figures and longer stopping distance in the wet? For me, no, not over the lifetime of the tyre.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/05/should-i-buy-tires-made-in-china.html

Also they don't spend millions on advertising, how much does it cost Bridgestone to supply tyres to F1. Who's paying for it?

I wouldn't think it costs Bridgestone anything ...

Aren't most tyres made in those countries though, regardless of brand??

And surely the experience Bridgestone get from race tyres goes into their "ordinary" ones.

F1 tyres are designed to wear quick aren't they?

or at least loose all grip at a set point.

Pirelli on the other hand.... :)

That was my point... :)

If we're talking China, you have to ask about the quality of the materials they're using.

I can't speak for other cars but for mine its just a tenner's difference between cheap budget tyres and Yokohama or Avon. Is it really worth it for louder road noise, shorter lifespan, worse fuel figures and longer stopping distance in the wet? For me, no, not over the lifetime of the tyre.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/05/should-i-buy-tires-made-in-china.html

Tyres are always a compromise between wet And dry, for the dumber people for max grip in dry you want a slick tyre, in the wet you want thread tyres to move water away.

Also soft tyre offer the best grip and hard tyre have a much longer life,,

So when you said a cheap Chinese tyre is louder, shorter life span , fuel consumption and wet grip is total rubblish,

Edited by Michaeldyn

Specifically Myers Tyres on Hatfield House Lane, anyone used these and are they good, do they do new as well as part worn?

On The Spot Tyres is cheap and fast if you need an alternative.

1 Langdale Rd, Sheffield S8 0UQ

Challenger on Rutland Road. I always go there, never had a problem and the prices are very reasonable. :)

No matter where you get your tyres from someone will always tell you they can get them cheaper elsewhere.