Where is the best & cheapest place for tyres?

Wheels should always be balanced when the tyres are replaced and should be included in the price

Best place to buy second hand tyre on ribstone Road

off staniforth road

his name is david.

Any suggestions? I used to travel over the Sheffield and use Dexel but they messed up a seemingly simple job last time so I want someone in Rotherham.

Thanks.

Edited by Dimple

Unless you take off your tyres and thoroughly examine them before each and every journey, we're all running on part worn tyres!

That made me laugh :D I just sold my winter tyres, 7-8mm tread and nothing wrong with them, I guess it's nuts for someone else to use them rather than me keep them on my car :D

Costco, no hidden charges ,great service.

alpha mot center we have loads of good part worn tyres in stock between 10 and 30 depending on size :)

staton tyres at birley great service and advice, he has budget tyres to top of the range and he knows his stuff 30 years fitting tyres. 2 4 8 6 1 8 4 sheffield

Costco, no hidden charges ,great service.

Err...I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree with that!

I'm an Exec member down there and ordered 4 tyres for my car from there about 2 years ago.

Price wise - they weren't actually the cheapest, but there wasn't much in it to be fair and when I knocked off another 2%, which is what you get in cashback annually if you're an Exec member, it was competitive.

The tyres weren't in stock and took about 10 days to arrive.

But, the big problem was the service on the day. I phoned up and asked if I need to book in. "no" I was told, "but be prepared to wait".

No problem, I thought, I'll go and drop the car off first then do a shop and go back and pick it up an hour later.

They hadn't even started on it!

There was one guy working on his own. I eventually got the car back almost two and a half hours later! Ridiculous!

I'd rather pay more than lose 2 and a half hours waiting for Costco to fit them. And I still had to go to another garage to get the wheel alignment done afterwards!:gag:

Just bought BOTO high grip tyres on e bay, a second time, they are great, reviews, etc, but need to have them fitted now, again, cheap, any places, tx

only E for petrol usage though, so may be slight false economy

Edited by gamezone07

Err...I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree with that!

I'm an Exec member down there and ordered 4 tyres for my car from there about 2 years ago.

Price wise - they weren't actually the cheapest, but there wasn't much in it to be fair and when I knocked off another 2%, which is what you get in cashback annually if you're an Exec member, it was competitive.

The tyres weren't in stock and took about 10 days to arrive.

But, the big problem was the service on the day. I phoned up and asked if I need to book in. "no" I was told, "but be prepared to wait".

No problem, I thought, I'll go and drop the car off first then do a shop and go back and pick it up an hour later.

They hadn't even started on it!

There was one guy working on his own. I eventually got the car back almost two and a half hours later! Ridiculous!

I'd rather pay more than lose 2 and a half hours waiting for Costco to fit them. And I still had to go to another garage to get the wheel alignment done afterwards!:gag:

Win some, you lose some

I had tyres fitted and was away in 30 mins at Costco

Remember good tyres are not cheap and cheap tyres are not good

Any recommendations for Tyres? Costco?