Where is the best & cheapest place for tyres?

Go on Tyreshopper.com and order, they then send them to National Tyres on Fitswilliam St.

For mine Tyreshopper were the best price on the internet.

As for as I know Tyreshopper are owned by National Tyres.

Thanks so much for all the replies that's great. I've been googling but there's sp much choice and price differences it helps to have other people's experiences.

Thanks again

Looking for cheap part worn tyres-any recommendations for the cheapest place?

I went to the Polish guys on Ouse Rd 3 weeks ago. x3 tyres for £25. They were supposed to be part worn but they managed to find me x3 brand new ones. Happy is an understatement

I bought mid range ones for Peugeot 307, TWO 195 65 15 195/65R15 91H BOTO GENESYS

they have BRIDGESTONE TECHNOLOGY

they are great, I think Hawleys now do them

Hi guys anyone selling any good winter tires

Most of the reputable tyre companies I would guess. I use Quick Fit, they have been ok so far.

Angel1.

• Confused 1

Thanks Everyone just seen the messages

Spot on Tyres is the only place to go never go anywhere else nothing is to much trouble for them

where is spot on tyres

I disagree in the strongest terms over a couple of the posts here.

Second hand tyre, you have no idea whatever of its previous life, or WHY it was removed. If the tyre is "good" why would you remove it?.

Sticking to the speed limit is ok, no problem with that. But 70 on a wet motorway is quite legal, but dodgy with el cheapo tyres on your motor.

Why are the cheap tyres cheap guys, simply because they are not as good as a branded tyre. El cheapo will not give you the mileage, or give you the grip that a "proper" tyre will.

Angel1.

Absolutely correct! I know Sheffielder's have a real passion for saving money, but when it comes down to something like this, are you really willing to put the lives of others and yourself at risk to save a few quid? I mean - how stupid can people be? :confused:

Whilst the cost-conscious are ruminating over that and letting it sink in, let me change tack slightly and give a different perspective...

The cost of the tyres is one thing.

The cost of wheel balancing and tracking is another.

If you buy cheap tyres from someone, can they fit them and do the tracking for example?

I remember buying tyres a few years ago because they were the best deal in terms of price - but they didn't do tracking. No point in buying new tyres then finding out your tracking is out.

So I ended up going to another tyre fitter afterwards, by appointment, to get the wheel tracking done. It cost me 4 hours of my time instead of one and a half hours possibly.

If you put a price on your time then you might want to take that into account as well?

Second hand or part worn tyres are a false economy.Most tyre companies do budget tyres ,if you are looking for cheap ,buy new budget tyres.I personally use Hawleys on Holme Lane in s6.

You can always check out on line retailers as well (Black Circle etc) as they normally work out cheapest for me. You can choose to have them fitted at a local garage as well, last time I had tyres I used Black Circle and had them fitted at Halfords in Hillsborough. They were the cheapest for the tyres I wanted which were Michelin Cross Climates