Anyone recomend a good Indian restaurant?

Good old Nirmal. Is she still going? Not been there for years.

It used to be by far the best Indian restaurant in Sheffield at one time. Really different with lots of home-made special dishes that were really very nicely done. The last time I went in there she'd still got "good food guide" recommendations on the wall from 10 or 15 years previous. Nothing recent. Which kind of tells a story.

I think I stopped going because it became very expensive and the food very ordinary in the end. She was also very intrusive, often sitting down at your table and eating your pappadoms with you! :suspect: She'd always try and sell you the special dishes from a little blackboard - which had no indication of price - and then you'd get a nasty surprise with the bill.

I used to go regularly with my ex but when we split up and I went in with my new girlfriend it seemed to create a bit of an atmosphere. She waited till the new girlfriend went to the toilet and then came over and asked me where was the ex? She said the ex was a lovely girl and that I should have stayed with her. I ended up marrying the new girlfriend and am still with her now, so I think I made the right choice!

But Nirmal obviously disapproved at the time - and that was another reason I've never been back!

I went in Nirmals Saturday night, not been for a while, I used to be one of their best customers, so its 21 years I have been in there since I was 17 and underage. I had exactly the same situation, where is the ex? Think because she sometimes used to pay ha. Nirmal is one hell of a sales woman and after your money! But a good place to try if you are a student and new to Sheffield.

I've heard good reports of Viraaj in Woodseats, not been myself yet but hoping to very soon :-)

I can wholeheartedly recommend Kashmiri Aroma on Woodseats. We visited there last night as the place had been recommended by a pal of mine.

Everything about the place was excellent. The decor and staff were excellent and the food was tasty and presented well. A word of praise for Nomi who looked after us . I think he may be one of the owners.

Akbars is definitely worth a visit