Anyone recomend a good Indian restaurant?

I've always had a good meal at the Panahar at Nether Green. I used to be a regular customer at the Mangla, but it seems to have lost its way these days, inconsistency with food quality, rude staff and a bit scruffy to be honest.

Akbars or Butlers are both consistently good. There are no bars near Akbars though so if you want to go to a few drink before/after then Butlers is the better option.

Akbars or Butlers are both consistently good. There are no bars near Akbars though so if you want to go to a few drink before/after then Butlers is the better option.

I used to think Butlers was great for both eating in and takeaway when it was still near St. Philip's roundabout. Since it moved, although I haven't been in for a sit-down meal I've been very disappointed with the takeaway/delivery service. One arrived slap cold, and the second arrived with one meal missing completely and another being the wrong dish. Won't use them again I don't think.

Ashoka is my current favourite

followed by the Shapla

I've always had a good meal at the Panahar at Nether Green. I used to be a regular customer at the Mangla, but it seems to have lost its way these days, inconsistency with food quality, rude staff and a bit scruffy to be honest.

I've been going to Mangla for the past 7-8 years and I've never had a problem with them. The service is good and you can't beat the prices.

Shapla & the Rajput are very good another one not often mentioned on here and I recommend you try it is ambar on ecclesall road it's just over hunters bar roundabout on your right I've been going for a few years love the place.

All our friends who visit always ask us to take them back to Bangla Cottage in Hillsborough 'cos they love it so much. Best I've been to in Sheffield.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Butlers is very nice on Broad Lane (I think)

Went in the Mangla the other night- just as good and just as cheap as ever.

Anyone know of any good indian restaurants they could recommend in the Sheffield area.

Viraaj, Woodseats, the best one by far.

The Indian Garden on London Road, awful service and really poor quality food.

does anyone know a good indian restaurant in sheffield?

butlers balti house my favourite still been for a long time would recommend it any time.

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 22:49 ----------

i used to think butlers was great for both eating in and takeaway when it was still near st. Philip's roundabout. Since it moved, although i haven't been in for a sit-down meal i've been very disappointed with the takeaway/delivery service. One arrived slap cold, and the second arrived with one meal missing completely and another being the wrong dish. Won't use them again i don't think.

i always pick up my takeaways from butlers its noce and hot and have a drimk whilst i wait for my food, we had something missing once but they came to our house and dropped it off and dropped off a bottle of wine for inconvenience very nice.