Do you know of a company that has the initials SSG on their white vans

Saint-Gobain Glass is SGG.

http://uk.saint-gobain-glass.com/b2b/default.asp?nav1=pr&nav2=details&nav3=Design&nav4=8039

Or The University of Sheffield's Science Gateway (SGG) or The Sorby Geology Group at the University?

Don't sound like security to me.

SGG is a company down south which does security grills.

I think we are all speculating here. Really depends on what the witness saw. Sometimes these incidents happen so fast that it's easy to either miss or mis-interpret details. This is no reflection upon the witness.

My witness is now saying SGG & not SSG. The Police have been very supportive & the description has been circulated. Still hoping.

Thank you everyone. Will keep you posted.

Sheffield Glass and Glazing.

Interestingly when you search Sheffield Glass & Glazing it comes back "account suspended".

Just to let everyone know we have had a phone call from a PC telling us he has been allocated the incident & is investigating. We are very impressed.

Have you tried " Stag Securities"

Did the witness describe if there was a logo or anything else to describe the company?

The Company you are looking for is Sunwin Services Group.

Part of the Coop Group

Their head office is based in Bradford.

The man you want to talk to is called Hadji Singh.

If you have the day and time they will be able to pin-point the driver concerned.

If you have any problems come back to me.

if it was a SSG cash van it's unsuprising they didn't stop and expose themselves and their cargo to the risk of being robbed - the brief stop may well have been so they could note the VRN of the vehicle they hit.

it is a statutory defence to report a damage only accident to a police station within ?24 hours.

if it's not a SSG cash van then it's likely a hit and run

The witness is positive it was SSG & we passed that info to the PC who was dealing with the incident. When he contacted Sunwin they denied all knowledge. Ah well.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

sunwin security group, SSG and SSG Security Group are all one and the same.

was the COOP`s in house security supplier, now split into cash handling, facilities management and electronics.

Spot on I've done some work at Co-ops and SSG vans, or more correctly, their drivers put the new tills and other electronic stuff in. This is quite an old thread and probably sorted by now.

Edited by gluedtopc
Seen date of OP