Big Sheffield switch

Guest sibon
I said "What deal did you get?".

Not as good as using one of the smaller suppliers.

Judging by last year.

Another vote for First Utility here:)

Not as good as using one of the smaller suppliers.

Judging by last year.

Another vote for First Utility here:)

I was going to rake the thread up but CBA'd.

SSC city trying to muscle in on the power game because they've realised it's highly profitable and that generally means ripping people off

Had a mail from the council about switching energy, there are two links to Register or Sign Up neither work they just say invalid address anyone else tried to sign up or register?

My dad was talking about this the other day. He signed up and never heard anything. He was having problems getting in touch with them.

We signed up to this scheme Sept/Oct last year, true to their word we got a much better deal.

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 18:05 ----------

We were with NPower paying £90 a month, Direct Debit, Dual fuel discount, every 6 months they tried to up out Direct Debit to £130 a month, and we fought them tooth and nail every time, we were never in Debt to them and we never missed a payment.

NPower claimed the rising fuel costs justified the raise, but we argued back stating that over the last couple of years we had changed all our light bulbs to LED, and even changed some appliances to more energy efficient models. our lighting alone changed from 1200w down to 200w,(not that we have all the lights on all at the same time).

We have all our readings and bills going back around 10 years so it was easy for the switch team to see what/where/when we were using etc.

That link works thanks BB, although you would think they would check the links worked before they went in an email.

That link works thanks BB, although you would think they would check the links worked before they went in an email.

its the council what do you expect:wink:

:hihi:

Council have got a thing together I think to get electric for a community. Has anyone changed to this, hows it working out etc.........

Council can be pretty shoddy so would like an opinion. But prices could be alot better, ta.

Do you mean this? https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/housing-services/environmental-sustainability/big-sheffield-switch.html

SCC don't supply the energy, they just get a load of people together which makes it more attractive to energy companies to offer lower tariffs so they can get lots of new customers.

Also check out Utilita and Ebico, I think both have tariffs with no standing charge and Ebico have the same tariff for pre-pay as they do for a billing meter - they are a not for profit company.