Big Sheffield switch

I would also be £300 worse off. Well done SCC. A fine scheme indeed

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi. I just can't find my quote just now but here is roughly what I received from them. I think I was going to be about £70.00 per year better off with the council scheme and receive £210.00 if I stay with them for 12months. The price quoted would remain until 31st July next year, but after then who knows what it will increase too. I really didn't think it was worth the gamble and messing about with and maybe changing back to EDF next July. So of course I declined the offer.

Had my quote, I would save a massive £2 a year if I switch to BG who I am already with...

It's a pity that people are reporting little savings, if any.

I wonder how much money they wasted putting this crap together ?

But SCC will receive commission, I think, from the businesses who gain new customers.

I find Atlantic (a separately-run part of SSE) to be excellent value.

Watch Don't get done, get Dom on BBC 1 a woman on there would not agree fella

So she disagrees. As a customer of said SSE, I've no complaints about its value-for-money or services.

So she disagrees. As a customer of said SSE, I've no complaints about its value-for-money or services.

No she had a surge in electric & overcharged by 2k, they refused to listen to her full stop & it took 4 years to sort out they even ignored experts that said it was the surge that caused it.

But as we know, some have horror stories some have good, like yourself.

Thanks, Sheffbag, for the link to Moneysavingexpert energy club. Though I get the newsletters, I'd never noticed that.

Without the one-time 'bill credit', I would be paying £50 more than my current B Gas. BUT I would also be adding a standing charge, and £35 per fuel switch fee. B Gas doesn't have this penalty (at the moment anyway).

The introduction of standing charges is supposed to generally make fuel charges higher for low users. One day, I hope to find the energy to work out what all that means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalithic

But SCC will receive commission, I think, from the businesses who gain new customers.

well so far no-one seems happy to switch when it costs them more!!, strange that, with 80000 people registered i hear, then the "discounts" are non existant, thats not what i would call working for sheffielders!!.

as a business man, im sure even you would admit its not up to scratch!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The quote we've received was for Sainsbury? Is that the same company for everyone, because some people seem to be saying that they received a quote for a different company?

If they're different companies, how can the SCC expect to get a decent discount for the people who signed up? Although 80,000 households isn't many,from a city the size of Sheffield.