Big Sheffield switch

£300 worse off.

We'd be worse off too. Bit disappointed but I suppose it shows that our EON deal is a good one.

We'd be worse off too. Bit disappointed but I suppose it shows that our EON deal is a good one.

Just had mine. Same as my current supplier ,costing £136 per year more. What a waste of time and effort. I didn't have much faith in it anyway.

We'd be £210 better off switching to Sainsburys' offer from our npower standard rate dual fuel. However the offer is only for a year (July 2013 - July 2014) and you only get the saving added to your account at the end of the period (i.e. July 2014). After that we will be put back on a standard rate which is currently higher than npower's.

It's worth swapping. I've signed up for the Money Saving Expert Cheap Energy Club to compare prices and they can't beat this deal.

I got my results today:

"Your estimated current annual cost = £2,246

Your estimated new annual cost = £2,913 "

So I am better than Sheffield City Council at organising my own life to the tune of £687. There's a surprise :hihi:

I got mine through and current year is £1200 and next year estimated £1245.

The sainsbury's offer was £1044 which was better than what I had found before and as I am with SSC who got fined for misleading customers I am going to move.

Some of the estimated bills people have put up seem not that great though :(

Our quote was more with the scheme than our current provider too. We are with Npower on standard dual fuel tariff paying by direct debit and paperless billing and had hoped to get a better deal so quite disappointed really :-(

My estimate for the next year has gone up too even though it is a fixed rate till next year, I am confused or do they know we will have an even worse winter and use more fuel?:confused:

My estimate for the next year has gone up too even though it is a fixed rate till next year, I am confused or do they know we will have an even worse winter and use more fuel?:confused:

Haven't seen anyone that benefits by the BIG SWITCH. So much for the 80,000 + households signing up. Public opinion means nothing to these people, or their plight.

We have received our final prices too. Must say I am very disappointed in the savings quoted - and the terminal bonus in over a year's time seems a long, long way off. All of this prompted me to do some checks with MoneySupermarket, Uswitch and Which? all of whom came up with exactly the same results.

The best potential bargains are from Spark Energy. But then I checked the internet to see if there were problems with this new company. The number of complaints and poor ratings said it all. Although the potential savings are less with other suppliers their customer satisfaction ratings are much better.

For us, nPower seems OK (they are our current supplier). Which? also provides ratings for value for money, customer satisfaction, etc - information that I regard as highly valuable given the number of sharks out there. SSE has good customer satisfaction rating and relativeley good potential savings. I note also that the Co-Op has a very good rating and 100% renewable energy supplies - not the greatest savings but certainly, despite their relativley low position in the price wars, one that is better than the Sainsbury deal provided via iChoosr (the company working on behalf of the Shefield City Council).

I expected better from this collective deal/auction and wonder how much money has been spent (wasted?) by the Council on the leaflets, web site, etc. etc, especially when there are perfectly good comparison websites out there where you can (potentially) get much better savings depending on the tarrif you currently enjoy.

Ric

makes me laugh that so mamy people actually believed the council could actually be better than you and i, just goes to show how incompatent scc really are

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android