Big Sheffield switch

Signed up. Had a quote from Ovo energy which would save me £300+ a year. If the switch can better it I'll go with that. Otherwise Ovo.

Anything other than "British" Gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was a thread on this at the time.

The whole thing was a con imo. We got a quote from Sainsbury which turned out to be a front for British Gas.

The way they set it out made it sound like the whole of Sheffield would be signing up to one company which would enable significant savings. Turned out from reading the thread that everyone got different quotes from different companies, so never knew what the point was really?

Except maybe SCC got a commission from the companies. My advice, don't get involved, do your own research and choose the best from that.

When comparing with, for example, Uswitch, make sure you compare gas and electric with separate companies.

It used to be that dual fuel was always cheaper, but this time round I found I could save loads more by switching my gas to a company called Daligas and my electric I kept the same as it wasn't much cheaper and the company (Good Energy) provides 100% renewable and we don't mind paying a little premium for the knowledge that its doing a bit for the climate.

Just something to keep in mind as all companies seem to try and push dual fuel because its saves you money, but in reality it doesn't always.

Hi

I am sure we all want cheaper fuel bills, as a lot of you will know Sheffield Council are once again this year are trying to get the best possible price for gas and electric for Sheffield households, whether you own your house or rent it - it doesn't matter, but you have to sign up, The more people that sign up the more bargaining power Sheffield council will have, use the link below.

https://bigsheffieldswitch.org.u

Hi folks

I registered this time round and just received the email with the offer. This suggests a potential saving of up to £75 or £112. However, done my own calculation based on the quoted tariff prices and switching would actually cost me slightly more by £28 & £39 respectively.

Be careful and if possible double check any quoted savings by checking what figures the comparison uses for your current tariff to project the potential savings. If your on Npower Price Fix November 2014 the comparison site is using wrong standing charge rates.

Be warned.

I've just checked the Big Sheffield Switch and entered my usage. A list has come up, via the Energyhelpline.

British Gas tariff Discount Fix May 2015 has been highlighted with red words showing ***EXCLUSIVE collective tariff***

This apparently would give me savings of £287 pa.

However, there are 4 other tariffs higher up my list (from different companies) which show bigger savings, and more tariffs lower down which would give me a similar saving to the British Gas one.

Anyone else checked theirs yet?

It would be good if a few more would sign up to the big Sheffield switch

there's only a week a so left, I got a decent deal on my gas & electric last year

i used big switch last year ,sainsburys energy ! actually british gas, First utility a lot cheaper,go onto u switch for a comparison.