Big Sheffield switch

80 000 is, however, quite a large proportion. I doubt that there's more than about 300 000 households in Sheffield.

The 80,000 is a figure for the total group involving several different councils.

The total for Sheffield was around 10,000 (out of 230,000 households)

The 80,000 is a figure for the total group involving several different councils.

The total for Sheffield was around 10,000 (out of 230,000 households)

So is the chosen provider really Sainsburys for everyone?

No wonder it's not such a good deal if they only managed to get 10,000 to sign up and probably half of those won't swop, or even more?

Edited by natjack

So is the chosen provider really Sainsburys for everyone?

No wonder it's not such a good deal if they only managed to get 10,000 to sign up and probably half of those won't swop, or even more?

No it wasn't sainsburys for everyone as we were offered British Gas but it was dearer than what we are paying now.

No it wasn't sainsburys for everyone as we were offered British Gas but it was dearer than what we are paying now.
So it's all a bit of a con then, no better than you could get for yourself.

We should have known better! :D

It didn't seem too good to be true, but the way the information was presented was that the SCC or a company contracted by them, was going to negotiate a deal with a power company to get a discounted rate. Although as only 10,000 households out of 230,000 signed up in the end, it was never going to be that good.

But I did expect everyone to be offered the same deal, from the same company.

It didn't seem too good to be true, but the way the information was presented was that the SCC or a company contracted by them, was going to negotiate a deal with a power company to get a discounted rate. Although as only 10,000 households out of 230,000 signed up in the end, it was never going to be that good.

But I did expect everyone to be offered the same deal, from the same company.

People's energy usage varies so the same deal from the same company might not have suited everyone..

The same sort of scheme was offered in Barnsley. We applied because as the saying goes " nothing ventured nothing gained," and if they could offer anything cheaper why not ? They came up with Sainsbury's but it wasn't competitive enough so we decided against it.

Seems like a good idea not thought through enough. :rolleyes:

I've had an email to re-register for the next one. I wouldn't have been better off on the last one as it cost more, but they would give me cashback after a year of £70 and it would have cost £60 to get out of my current deal. Thought I would register out of interest to see if this one would be better. We'll see.

People's energy usage varies so the same deal from the same company might not have suited everyone..
So, in other words, I could have got the same deal for myself, so generally a waste of time. The way it was presented seemed that it was going to be a special rate for citizens of Sheffield negotiated on economy of numbers.

Disappointing.

Has anyone signed up to this? Did it work for you last year??