My landlord is demanding access to the property

Yes, this probably isn't the best place for advice. Forums are full of people with more opinions than knowledge.

Having said that, i can say the landlord's behaviour does seem odd and i can well understand why the OP's family is worried. Your home is your own personal space. Given that you have been co-operative with the landlord in agreeing to his request but asked for a convenient time, the landlord does risk breaking the tenancy agreement and becoming liable either for damages for breach of the covenant of 'quiet enjoyment'. he should also bear in mind it is a criminal offence to harass someone if the intention is to make them leave their home.

have I missed a post or are you making points up to suit your argument?

unreasonable - where?

personal space - no mate, it`s rented

breaking the tenancy agreement? - right to access is written in there

quite enjoyment? - have you invented that.

where do you get the idea the landlord is harassing anyone?

it seems quite clear that the OP , having asked for advice, has already lost interest in his/her own thread, beggars belief that you join a forum asking for help (only two posts) then dissapear and leave the thread to arguements.

In my opinion the op is being very foolish, he/she has never once explained why the landlord wants access, and i believe that any reasonable landlord would explain why on the first request. The op has declined to either explain or follow the tread.

In my opinion, the op is also being foolish as if for example the boiler broke down, they would want the landlord to be there sorting it yesterday!!

You cant have it both ways.

thats why it`s best not to take your legal advice from a radio phone in or an internet forum.

For only second time ever:hihi::hihi: I agree with gym rat, if you are uncomfortable and it's worrying your family get professional advice.

thats why it`s best not to take your legal advice from a radio phone in or an internet forum.

Very true, but..... sometimes an internet forum will throw up someone else

who has been in the same position and could save you the cost of legal advice, or at least tell you who to ask.

Re. "Quiet enjoyment" from another post, this is common in residential and commercial lettings.

your all missing the point - the radio advice was wrong, every respondent bar one has said the same thing.

it was clear cut from the OP`s first post

the person trying to cloud the issue is just that - clouding the issue

Does he has this right to enter the house? If we do not let him in, what could be the consequence to us?

Please please help. My family is quite stressed over this! Thanks a lot!

What does it say about giving you notice of termination when he has had enough of you being awkward?

by the time she as been on here she could have let him inspect the property

He has every right to inspect HIS property provided he has given you notice.

It does neither him nor you any good by refusing him entry.

You may need his assistance at a later stage, such as for repairs, so why make life difficult.

You do not have to be there, but ideally you should unless you know the landlord.

your all missing the point - the radio advice was wrong, every respondent bar one has said the same thing.

it was clear cut from the OP`s first post

the person trying to cloud the issue is just that - clouding the issue

Just because the right to entry is written into the tenancy agreement doesn't mean that the landlord won't need to go to court to get that right legally enforced.

Whilst not infallible, the consumer programmes on Radio 4 do not tend to use experts who wax lyrical on aspects of the law in which they're not trained.

Just because the right to entry is written into the tenancy agreement doesn't mean that the landlord won't need to go to court to get that right legally enforced.

Whilst not infallible, the consumer programmes on Radio 4 do not tend to use experts who wax lyrical on aspects of the law in which they're not trained.

have you got a transcript of the programme or are you just having a pop?

Answer: yes, T has given consent (in the Letting Agreement) to L entering.

But T can revoke that consent. Unless it's an emergency, L would then a Court Order to enter.

Entry otherwise is harassment, and T could take action against L.

have you got a transcript of the programme or are you just having a pop?

I'm not sure how a transcript of a programme is going to help you? Are you wanting to check which experts were used?

I wasn't having a pop - I was pointing out that your assertion that the legal position the landlord who called the radio programme Neeeeeeeeeek listened to was given was wrong, by explaining:

1) Just because the right to entry is written into the tenancy agreement doesn't mean that the landlord won't need to go to court to get that right legally enforced.

2) Radio 4 is very careful with the experts they invite onto their consumer programmes. Whoever gave the advice will have been qualified to do so.