Modified / custom xbox controller as a gift?

Hi, I'm wanting to get my Husband something gaming related for his birthday next month, and I can't get him a game as he pre-orders the ones he wants. I spotted some rather snazzy looking customised controllers on various websites and thought they might make a good present but as a non-gamer I'm a bit clueless about these things!

I know that some of the modifications are for specific games such as call of duty, halo etc, and he does play those occasionally but he's more into Skyrim at the moment so I don't want to get him a controller that's not right.

Can anyone tell me if I can still buy a custom controller that will work with all his games?

any controller will work with all games, the "game specific" ones you were talking about just have additional 'features' specifically for said game, but will work normally for others...

You can also be banned from online games if someone reports you for using a modified controller to give you an unfair advantage. Just a warning.

Thanks for the replies. He doesn't really do online gaming except with some of his friends now and again.

i can put you in touch with a bloke whos local and does some awesome pads , you can choose your own shell colour , buttons , triggers , lights etc :)