Council took my bin at 7 this morning !!

not that much bigger to be honest.

normal black bin is 240 litres.

blue bin is 140 litres

need a bigger or smaller bin?

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/bincollections/whatsizebin.html

Just looked at my letter my black bin is 360 litres

tbtc

so regular bins are 240 litres, which we all seem to have and a bigger bin is 340 litres,which you can have if you realy need it

Please tell me, bin sizes are 120, 240 and 360 litres, just love symmetry :cool:

So not only do the council and their buddies at Veolia cut bin collections ,but now they are stealing wheelie bins and replacing them with small ones.

The next time their is a thread about fly tipping on here ,all those who condem fly tipping , just think about who is REALLY to blame for fly tipping. If the council and Veolia are trying to force people to use smaller bins , they are leaving people with no choice but to fly tip.

Would you not say the person to blame is the person who fly-tips? After all, there's tips/dumps in Sheffield people could use for excess rubbish. No need to blight the city by just dumping it.

yep then i have to pay £130 for a skip to help with the rubbish lol

If you need a skip to take away your rubbish because of a collection issue then something is seriously wrong somewhere.

yep then i have to pay £130 for a skip to help with the rubbish lol

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

we had two bins and binmen through it in there truck and squashed it

we had two bins and binmen through it in there truck and squashed it

Threw it in their truck and squashed it? Heavy bin or weak truck?

So not only do the council and their buddies at Veolia cut bin collections ,but now they are stealing wheelie bins and replacing them with small ones.

The next time their is a thread about fly tipping on here ,all those who condem fly tipping , just think about who is REALLY to blame for fly tipping. If the council and Veolia are trying to force people to use smaller bins , they are leaving people with no choice but to fly tip.

Completely ridiculous, people should fly tip because they have less bin space. Whilst I agree that it is stupid that people are getting smaller bins when they need bigger ones, how you can suggest fly tipping will increase because of this is :loopy:

Who clears up the fly tipping = council, who pays for the council = us (we'll if we're working), so what is going to happen if we fly tip as we don't have enough space? We'll be paying more. Ever thought of taking extra rubbish to the tip/put it in other peoples bins which aren't full? Failing that buy a bigger bin yourself!

Completely ridiculous, people should fly tip because they have less bin space. Whilst I agree that it is stupid that people are getting smaller bins when they need bigger ones, how you can suggest fly tipping will increase because of this is :loopy:

Its his standard stock line based on a "what if" scenario to suit his own agenda. Whereas I've lived in three areas which have implemented fortnightly collections and there were no increased in household waste fly tipping.

how many bins do you all have and what colour?

iv'e noticed my aunty who lives in highgreen has 1 black bin, 1 blue bin, 1 blue box, 1 green bin.

ive seen houses with brown wheelie bins as well as green.

if you read the leaflet you got it tells you what is acceptable rubbish and most of the rubbish we put in the bin isnt acceptable.

they want you to seperate your rubbish into tin/card/plastic.

other household waste is for the black bin-this does not include food waste!!

they want you to use the food waste as compost, they want to charge you for a compost bin. so what exactly IS supposed to be in the black bin lol.

blue box = paper/card.

blue bin = tin/plastic bottles - minus the bottle tops.

black bin = errrrrm dunno.

foodwaste = compost- dont have a compost bin- not throwing it on garden cos i dont want rats.

to top it off the items you put in for recycle they want you to wash before you dump - even tho they get washed at site.

so they are really encouraging you to waste your time washing, waste water- which they keep screaming we should be reducing.

if your bin lid is open 1 inch you will get a sticker on your bin and a letter through the post threatening to cease collecting.

its no wonder people are confused.

I have one large bin and one small blue bin