Universal Credit

As countries develop,population grows making the density rise.At the same time there is a concentration of wealth at the top.The two trends are associated but there is no causal link.

What evidance do you have that there is no causal link?

What evidance do you have that there is no causal link?

Your constant demands for evidence is tedious.It is possible to use a priori reasoning advocated by the Greeks.It was David Hume who insisted on empiricism:).

Your constant demands for evidence is tedious.

It the first time I've asked, it is you that is demanding evidence and when I supply it you simply dismiss it, you appear to have an opinion on the subject yet have no knowledge of it.

Here somewhere for you to start,

See if you can find a link between increasing population size and wages.

If we increase the amount of available workers faster than supply of jobs, will wages at the bottom end of the scale rise or fall?

If we reduce the amount of available workers to a point where demand is high but can’t be met by supply, will wages rise or fall?

How do the wages paid to the workers at the bottom affect income inequality and wealth inequality?

It the first time I've asked, it is you that is demanding evidence and when I supply it you simply dismiss it, you appear to have an opinion on the subject yet have no knowledge of it.

Here somewhere for you to start,

See if you can find a link between increasing population size and wages.

If we increase the amount of available workers faster than supply of jobs, will wages at the bottom end of the scale rise or fall?

If we reduce the amount of available workers to a point where demand is high but can’t be met by supply, will wages rise or fall?

How do the wages paid to the workers at the bottom affect income inequality and wealth inequality?

Hypothecation,a priori,David Hume are just three topics you have chosen to ignore.Why not address these points rather than demand others do the leg work for your university thesis?

Hypothecation,a priori,David Hume are just three topics you have chosen to ignore.Why not address these points rather than demand others do the leg work for your university thesis?

I've done thanks, I guess you arn't interested after all.

I've done thanks, I guess you arn't interested after all.

As usual,when the tide turns the ball is picked up and taken home.I am not interested in people who constantly evade direct questions to camouflage some hidden foibles.

As usual,when the tide turns the ball is picked up and taken home.I am not interested in people who constantly evade direct questions to camouflage some hidden foibles.

I guess you find yourself very uninteresting in that case. :)

I guess you find yourself very uninteresting in that case. :)

Possibly if were to interpret the sentence as you have done,but in this context interesting has a different meaning.I should focus on your dissertation as the May deadline is creeping nearer.

Possibly if were to interpret the sentence as you have done,but in this context interesting has a different meaning.I should focus on your dissertation as the May deadline is creeping nearer.

Ok I will have to take your word ofr it.

Ok I will have to take your word ofr it.

That's just dandy!

It’s not possible to share the research, just the finding of the research, which I have already done; I did give you somewhere to start by giving you a couple of examples, Google as a huge amount of information on population density, wealth distribution, and wealth inequality. I gave you a link to a study that links population density, wealth inequitably and poverty to mental health issues. See if you can find examples with high population densities and wealth that don’t have poverty and wealth inequality. Wealth attracts people so population density increases, the UK is a good example, wealth inequality as grown as the population density as grown, see if you can find any examples where this hasn’t happened. Even the Nordic countries are starting to see a rise in wealth inequality as there population grows.

You realise that a couple of examples are not evidence at all?

Finding examples of an overlap wouldn't mean anything, evidence would mean an actual mathematical study that showed a true correlation, and that wouldn't prove causality, but it would at least show a link.

You realise that a couple of examples are not evidence at all?

Finding examples of an overlap wouldn't mean anything, evidence would mean an actual mathematical study that showed a true correlation, and that wouldn't prove causality, but it would at least show a link.

Exactly-you cannot derive general rules from two specific cases.Moreover Mr Smith cannot explain the association,and will not accept a priori reasoning.I fear he is a follower of David Hume.