Universal Credit

No they are not. It's not affecting me. So why should I support policies that can adversely affect me?

Is my family less important than anybody else's?

That's such a typical Tory response.

Is your family any more important than mine?

Look after one another and we all benefit, society as a whole benefits. The world becomes a better place.

Wait until your brexit kicks in Anna....

Shhhhhh.

None of that please. And it's not even accurate. There will be jobs a plenty post brexit, in farmland across our fair nation, in the care homes, in the hotel and hospitality industries!

Look after one another and we all benefit, society as a whole benefits. The world becomes a better place.

My family is definitely more important to me. Plenty of people think the same. They actually do something to provide for their own family and not need to rely on handouts as much some people have grown accustomed to.

For a situation to actually exist where it pays not to work is an absolute disgrace along with the people that support it.

Shhhhhh.

None of that please. And it's not even accurate. There will be jobs a plenty post brexit, in farmland across our fair nation, in the care homes, in the hotel and hospitality industries!

why do you think so?

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 02:28 ----------

you honestly believe that labor will take us all in th a utopian era. Have they in the past?

My family is definitely more important to me. Plenty of people think the same. They actually do something to provide for their own family and not need to rely on handouts as much some people have grown accustomed to.

For a situation to actually exist where it pays not to work is an absolute disgrace along with the people that support it.

I have worked continually since I was 16 until retirement. I have been fortunate enough to have a good job. I have always provided for my family who have also worked hard all their lives, and now provide for theirs.

This does not preclude me from having sympathy for and wanting to help others less fortunate than me. In my experience no-one wants to 'take handouts' as you put it. It's a hard and miserable existance that they would swap in an instant if they could. Life is a lot more complex than you seem to think. I hope nothing untoward ever happens to you like an accident or illness, so you realise first hand just how difficult it actually is. Remember it could happen to anyone, even you. There but for the grace of God etc....

I have worked continually since I was 16 until retirement. I have been fortunate enough to have a good job. I have always provided for my family who have also worked hard all their lives, and now provide for theirs.

This does not preclude me from having sympathy for and wanting to help others less fortunate than me. In my experience no-one wants to 'take handouts' as you put it. It's a hard and miserable existance that they would swap in an instant if they could. Life is a lot more complex than you seem to think. I hope nothing untoward ever happens to you like an accident or illness, so you realise first hand just how difficult it actually is. Remember it could happen to anyone, even you. There but for the grace of God etc....

ditto so have I, but as you have said there by the grace of god, accidents illness but not as a way of life.

In my experience no-one wants to 'take handouts' as you put it.

And in my experience, I've known people who have. They didn't want to work, just claim what they could and do cash in hand jobs on the side when they felt like it.

The benefits system isn't a one-size-fits-all system and never has been.

In my experience no-one wants to 'take handouts' as you put it. ..

There's loads out there Anna...happy enough to live on what the state provides..

There's loads out there Anna...happy enough to live on what the state provides..

Does that include those who received a 60% discount to purchase a state owned council house?

Does that include those who received a 60% discount to purchase a state owned council house?

I've always thought that that wasn't a good idea..although if you read this it appears that Labour weren't totally opposed to the idea..in fact it looks like they were thinking of it first...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/26/right-to-buy-margaret-thatcher-david-cameron-housing-crisis

The move to Universal Credit is unecessary, unhelpful, deeply flawed and going to cost a fortune to administer.

If it's anything like PIP, I dread to think of the court costs etc as people go to appeal to try to get justice. But most of all I dread to think of the hardship.

The move to Universal Credit is unecessary, unhelpful, deeply flawed and going to cost a fortune to administer.

If it's anything like PIP, I dread to think of the court costs etc as people go to appeal to try to get justice. But most of all I dread to think of the hardship.

It does give that impression, but they must be pressing ahead for a good reason.