Can the unemployed ever climb back.

Why not require people on the dole to work for their benefits, the amount of litter at the sides of the roads throughout South Yorkshire is a disgrace. If they were required to collect full two black bags daily, depositing them at a central point. Issued a recepit and on production at the dole office they got their money.

The benefit? 1.Removal of litter, 2. Pride in a job well done. 3. Bending and stretching in the open air leading to stronger fitter individuals. 4. Something to put on the C.V.

what did you get banned for xenia?

Though you don't have to be in paid work to be a useful member of society.

I agree, sorry if my words gave a different impression. :)

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 17:36 ----------

This is ridiculous as paying tax is a legal requirement-the UK does not operate a system where hypothecation is normal.

But living here isn't.

I agree, sorry if my words gave a different impression. :)

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 17:36 ----------

But living here isn't.

I don't think you really understand the term,and are trying to disguise this with an oblique remark.:(

I Know many people on sick benefits for "depression" who dont want a job because there got it good on benefits

I Know many people on sick benefits for "depression" who dont want a job because there got it good on benefits
i know many well off people who fiddle their benefits because they cant afford to live on their wages :loopy:

Dont worry BF,all families have their black sheep!

What is it with people who can't see past the few who fiddle benefits to the greater problem.

Being on benefits is depressing. Depression is seriously debilitating. Ergo a lot of people on benefits are depressed.

Are these the same people who think anyone who isn't in an iron lung shouldn't be claiming Disabled benefits. If they don't agree that someone with a visible debilitating disability isn't a deserving case, what chance has someone with depression got.

I only hope for their sake they don't get anything wrong with them and find out the truth the hard way..

I don't think you really understand the term,and are trying to disguise this with an oblique remark.:(

:huh:

What term do you think I don't understand?

I'm talking about long term unemployed with no dependents who are on about £70 a week for everything (probably less with the bedroom tax, 9% of council tax, and debts to pay out of it.)

Considering they can't afford internet, a newspaper, a phone, or busfares, never mind a new pair of shoes, and are probably suffering from very low self esteem and depression, is there really any realistic hope that they will get back into full time, reliable employment?

This is a very important question, and one which the conservatives have been busy with, trying to provide us all with a ready made answer that attempts to demonise the unemployed.

They love to tell us that their cap on benefit increases of 1% (effectively a cut in real terms since inflation is running at a much higher rate) and their so called bedroom tax are being implemented to encourage unemployed people into work.

What the tories cannot answer, however, is the question that this rhetoric raises - what jobs are these unemployed people expected to take?

There are two and a half million people in unemployment at the moment in the UK, and there are only five hundred thousand jobs available. These are the government's own figures. So 2,000,000 people have no prospect of work.

However, I am happy to point out that all sensible people can see through the tory spin and recognise these policies for what they are, a straightforward attack on the poorest people in our communities and an attempt to divide opinion amongst ordinary people.

What the tories cannot answer, however, is the question that this rhetoric raises - what jobs are these unemployed people expected to take?

There are two and a half million people in unemployment at the moment in the UK, and there are only five hundred thousand jobs available. These are the government's own figures. So 2,000,000 people have no prospect of work.

It’s unlikely that their policies will incentivise every unemployed person to take work, but if it gives 500,000 people the incentive to take the jobs on offer then the policy is a good policy.

It’s unlikely that their policies will incentivise every unemployed person to take work, but if it gives 500,000 people the incentive to take the jobs on offer then the policy is a good policy.

That is a good point, but I fear it is of little practical value. As most people acknowledge, the best chance a person has of submitting a successful job application is if they are already in work. That figure of 500,000 advertised posts is the sum of all vacancies, most demanding very specific skills, qualities and experience. Such posts tend always to be awarded to professionals already working within the general remit of the position for which they have applied, usually as a means of gaining career advancement or straightforward promotion. Meanwhile, those entry level posts which do arise are usually snapped up by people with much more to offer than the post actually requires. These are difficult times indeed.

Those trapped in long term unemployment have little to offer in a highly competitive and undersupplied job market, I'm affraid, and desperately need our understanding and supports.

:huh:

What term do you think I don't understand?

.................hypothecation...........:hihi: