Backlog on sat/sunday football lge games whats the answer??

barmyowls

Again it seems because of the weather theres a backlog on sat/sunday lge games in sheffield and alot of teams might have to play tue/wed/thurs midweek games when its lighter, its the same every season . But whats the answer to it.

Start the season a month early??

Play more midweek games in first few weeks of season??

i dont know what the best answer is , your ideas ??

I know its not your leagues fault , but seems Sheffield and hallamshire F.A are very strict on when season should start and finish , on paper that looks ok , but with the weather thats harder said than done!!! plus theres the fact the sheff council dont want pitchs being played on if theres a little bit of snow:hihi: in case it recks the pitch that your teams paid to use anyway!

Again it seems because of the weather theres a backlog on sat/sunday lge games in sheffield and alot of teams might have to play tue/wed/thurs midweek games when its lighter, its the same every season . But whats the answer to it.

Start the season a month early??

Play more midweek games in first few weeks of season??

i dont know what the best answer is , your ideas ??

I know its not your leagues fault , but seems Sheffield and hallamshire F.A are very strict on when season should start and finish , on paper that looks ok , but with the weather thats harder said than done!!! plus theres the fact the sheff council dont want pitchs being played on if theres a little bit of snow:hihi: in case it recks the pitch that your teams paid to use anyway!

I have always got 2 games in on the sly here- first week in Sept then put the result in when the game was supposed to be played.

It used to be because the cricket season starts in April but not much cricket being played these days.I would start in August,have Jan off,because its very rare you get a game in Jan.Then again a lot of people go on holiday in August,so its sods law really.I'm with you on mid-week matches.To me it gives the end a false outcome.I bet we're not the only side who struggle to get a side out mid-week because of work committments.Example;2 seasons back we played the eventual winners of our league.First game on a Sunday we drew with them at their place(should have beat em really) then we play em on a thursday night(including 6 ringers,one of whom was a 55yr.old keeper)and we get spanked 6-1 giving them the title.