Windows 8 phone os

Ok first off let's not have any apple/android trolling or why you think those 2 are better, heard it all before blahblahblah.

Do you use a windows 8 phone? How are you getting on with it? Are you happy you changed from whatever os you were using before?

After having iPhones for the last 3/4 years I'm getting bored of them and after a brief stint on android I found it wasn't for me.

Edited by denomis

Not tried it personally, but I'm using RT on this tablet and it's good.

A mate of mine is testing new phones for his business, and he's had new Blackberries, WP8 and Androids.

His findings are :

WP8 for his business environment

Android for Personal

Not interested in IOS

Blackberry - BES too expensive.

Two of the lads in my office have Windows phones and they're happy with them (or so they say), but the lack of apps is frustrating.

I'm waiting for the 'buntu phone! :hihi:

Not zorin :|

Windows Phone 8 is a great phone O/S but as previously mentioned it is currently let down by the lack of apps; same reason has put me off buying a MS Surface RT also.

Though I guess there's pretty much most things you're likely to need in the Windows Store... just not as huge a selection as Apple or Google's play. But if you have Windows 8 on your PC you'll already have an idea of what's available in the store. Also Windows Store prices for apps generally seems more expensive than Apple's or Google's.

If I was going to buy a WP8 handset.. I'd go with Nokia, primarily because they have their own exclusive apps (Nokia Maps for example).. I did read rumour of a premium updated version of the Nokia 920, with all alloy body etc...

If you can live with an immature ecosystem.. that is going to grow and evolve, and you're already invested in Windows 8, then I wouldn't rule it out...

Two things are stopping me getting a w8 phone, the lack of apps and the ability to run them off sd card.

Not zorin :|

Zorin = 2 young teenagers plus 2 employed Devs

'buntu = Mark Shuttleworth, squillionaire (but with the recession he's probably dropped to gazillionaire, and owner of Canonical which employees substantial team of Developers! :hihi:

Edited by swarfendor43
typo

Zorin = 2 young teenagers plus 2 employed Devs

'buntu = Mark Shuttleworth, squillionaire (but with the recession he's probably dropped to gazillionaire, and owner of Canonical which employees substantial team of Developers! :hihi:

I know his brother......John.