Coronation Street thread

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Saw it the other night & had to laugh when Dev asked Chesney where his loyalties lay with his business or with his competitors, Freshco? 

From memory isn't Freshco a bus / car ride away yet Dev doesn't appear to have noticed or moaned about the Co-Op store just round the corner? 

You don't get any customers going into Dec's & saying, "This is 20p cheaper at the Co-Op", or anyone saying to Roy, "I'm buying my coffee in Roy's Rolls.  Not paying for the overpriced stuff in the Costa Coffee round the corner." 

Sacked on a whim with no verbal or written warnings - see you in court Dev

4 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Sacked on a whim with no verbal or written warnings - see you in court Dev

I know.  Nothing will come of that either.  No industrial tribunal.  Yet the Street is home to 3 of the busiest solicitors in Manchester. 

Kirk was asking around for a job for Chesney in the Rovers.  Why doesn't he ask at the Co-op or Costa Coffee? 

Edited by Baron99

I would have thought Chesney would be better off claiming benefits and helping his wife raise their five children.  I’m not sure if it would be worth his while working in a Kabab shop when you add up all the benefits they might be entitled to.  

I cant get my head around this storyline with Yasmeen she has always come across as this strong woman, then marries jeff and starts letting him  control her every move! is this logical!

42 minutes ago, neilf said:

I cant get my head around this storyline with Yasmeen she has always come across as this strong woman, then marries jeff and starts letting him  control her every move! is this logical!

What's  unrealistic to me is how both characters seem to have had personality transplants.  Now that Corrie has decided it wants a coersive control storyline they have had to pick a couple of characters to graft it onto.  It's a common problem with soap plots - characters following plots rather than the other way round.

Also, contrary to  popular opinion, I think often plots are more believable if they allowed to develop more gradually.  I'm sure that the Corrie of years ago would have had this one brewing over months, if not years.  Now they've got to fill hours of TV per week, they need a huge story turnover.  So we have ever more outlandish plots and diminishing returns.

Still watch it though 😁

Edited by Olive

2 hours ago, neilf said:

I noticed that too. Totally out of character for her! Before she was an astute and intelligent person; and practically overnight she's had a personality transplant, with no character arc or anything to explain her transition. It's just not a credible story-line.

On 15/01/2020 at 23:44, Waldo said:

I noticed that too. Totally out of character for her! Before she was an astute and intelligent person; and practically overnight she's had a personality transplant, with no character arc or anything to explain her transition. It's just not a credible story-line.

Sorry to break it to you all, but they are all out of character - because they are all actors and none of it is real !

All together now...

JIGGLE IT GEOFF.

What I don't like about corrie atm, is the stupid camera angles, silly 'background' music on scenes and such...

it's just 'not corrie' and adds an air of cheap-ness to it imho!

On 17/01/2020 at 09:09, Rockers rule said:

Sorry to break it to you all, but they are all out of character - because they are all actors and none of it is real !

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter.

On 06/02/2020 at 13:25, Waldo said:

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter.

I think everyone knows it's not real. Its just being discussed as you would discuss a book or a play or any other TV programme. 

10 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I think everyone knows it's not real. Its just being discussed as you would discuss a book or a play or any other TV programme. 

I know right. You'd suspect that it's so clearly a work of fiction, that it hardly seems worthwhile pointing it out...