Coronation Street thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416656/Coronation-Street-Michael-Le-Vell-arrives-court-jury-sex-abuse-trial-resume-deliberations.html

Jurys of 8 women and 4 men take less than 5 hours to clear Michael Le Vell of all charges.

I guess that's great news for Mr Le Vell.

I now wonder what happens to the girl that accused him of these awful crimes.

Well i should hope so if they didnt happen like is clearly the case here.

But it doesn't happen in any other kind of trial where defendants are found not guilty, unless the allegations can be proved to have been made maliciously.

Do you honestly think your approach would help the police secure the statements of witnesses in say a murder trial or public order trial where defendants are found not guilty?

Do you think the long suffering residents of Page Hall would be reaching for their phones to complain about the behaviour of their new Slovakian neighbours if there was a possibility their testimony could land them in court themselves?

I haven't watched Corrie for ages, are the viewing figures for the programme top of the ratings again? its getting a lot of attention on SF lately.

Mod Note:

If you have any questions about moderation, please contact the help desk. If you can not abide by the rules, the thread will be closed.

Thank you

Corrieland, where the backstreet pub is ALWAYS full, the Café always full and you can go from complete numpty to be a Mechanic or Hairstylist in an episode.

Angel.

Jurys of 8 women and 4 men take less than 5 hours to clear Michael Le Vell of all charges.

4 hours is really very quick, barely enough time to review the main points, let everyone have their say and then come to a decision.

Jurys can take days to come to a decision, especially on such serious charges.

I guess that says alot for the prosecutions case??

We'll never know, the only people who know all the facts are those who were there.

So aside from Chris Fountain, you have two not guilty and two still innocent until proven guilty (and I reckon they'll be also be found innocent), its not really as bad as you're making out.

Well you got one right so far mate,must admit i thought he was guilty.happy to be wrong though.:)

Why on earth has the Le Velle Not Guilty Thread been merged with a Corrie thread from March 2012? surely the two are separate issues??

Anyway. The defence seemed to rest on the relationship between the girl/mother and Le Velle (Turner,) and a possible vendetta. Since the girl has annonimity and two people have been arrested for revealing her identity on Twitter, we will never know what the relationship was and exactly what made the jury acquit fairly rapidly. There is clearly more to this story than what we have been told.

Mod Note:

If you have any questions about moderation, please contact the help desk. If you can not abide by the rules, the thread will be closed.

Thank you

Don't close my thread just because of a few off target replies, the thread has been going along happily for months now. plus us blokes need to be able to get it off our chest about such a stupid program we have to sit through to keep the OH happy..I can't count the amount of times I have come home from a hard days work expecting my dinner ready for me,only to find the OH curled up on the sofa watching this rubbish.its just not fair to us hard working blokes..she wont even recorded it as she says she has to watch it live:confused:what is that all about a live pretend program :confused:

4 hours is really very quick, barely enough time to review the main points, let everyone have their say and then come to a decision.

Jurys can take days to come to a decision, especially on such serious charges.

I guess that says alot for the prosecutions case??

We'll never know, the only people who know all the facts are those who were there.

Not that quick in practice.

I had a client found not guilty of attempt murder in about 40 minutes.

In my experience juries tend to have made up their minds by the summing up.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Don't close my thread just because of a few off target replies, the thread has been going along happily for months now. plus us blokes need to be able to get it off our chest about such a stupid program we have to sit through to keep the OH happy..I can't count the amount of times I have come home from a hard days work expecting my dinner ready for me,only to find the OH curled up on the sofa watching this rubbish.its just not fair to us hard working blokes..she wont even recorded it as she says she has to watch it live:confused:what is that all about a live pretend program :confused:

If others cant behave....

Though if it is closed due to the court cases and others misbehaving, you are free to create a new thread and we'll keep off topic discussion fully out of it.

If others cant behave....

Though if it is closed due to the court cases and others misbehaving, you are free to create a new thread and we'll keep off topic discussion fully out of it.

Why can't you just knock the ones off about the court case,shangying my thread...