Coronation Street thread

Are you trying to say that a little cobbled backstreet that's seen 18 murders (and over 130 deaths),tram/train crashes;doesn't have double yellow lines and only width for 1.5 cars,has a cast of 60 with very few birthdays,no one watching TV,people walking out of the front door at exactly the same time as the person they are trying to avoid,a factory where half the workers never speak,hardly anyone has a car and when they have they don't park outside their front door,where a dividing wall in a house can be built in half a day,where the toilets of the Rovers are in Kens back room,where a bookies closes when there are unfinished horse races,where the doctor is never too far away or too busy,where Ken Barlow's accent has changed from broad Manc to finishing school over 50 years,where kids accents are totally different to their parents,where once offspring move away they are never seen again....isn't realistic?:D

Brilliant.. :hihi::hihi:

Are you trying to say that a little cobbled backstreet that's seen 18 murders (and over 130 deaths),tram/train crashes;doesn't have double yellow lines and only width for 1.5 cars,has a cast of 60 with very few birthdays,no one watching TV,people walking out of the front door at exactly the same time as the person they are trying to avoid,a factory where half the workers never speak,hardly anyone has a car and when they have they don't park outside their front door,where a dividing wall in a house can be built in half a day,where the toilets of the Rovers are in Kens back room,where a bookies closes when there are unfinished horse races,where the doctor is never too far away or too busy,where Ken Barlow's accent has changed from broad Manc to finishing school over 50 years,where kids accents are totally different to their parents,where once offspring move away they are never seen again....isn't realistic?:D

Don't forget the fact that they send their kids upstairs to "brush their teeth" or something, and it's three months before they come down again!

And no-one ever goes to the loo or has a bath! POOOO

Someone mentioned the parking for only 1.5 cars, but no double yellow lines. Has anyone else noticed theres never a car parked outside anyones house, ever, until the person getting in the car needs to drive somewhere for part of a storyline, then suddenly, their car appears? :lol:

I think you are all missing a crucial point here. It isnt Big Brother!

Its entertainment so it doesnt need to be spot on accurate if you want that watch some ray mears you will be happy enough with that.

If your not happy with aspects of it simple dont watch it,

If its what your wife, daughter, auntie, grandmother, etc wants to watch it and you dont go do something maybe some DIY? or donate your time to charity there are worthy causes you can help me with to ultimately help you avoid the soaps and stop moaning about it.

...and where Fizz would obviously send Tyrone a birthday card whilst he's living with the monster of Kirsty...

A ridiculous plot in a soap? Surely not!

Must be a first.

Panic over I've set a telly set up in the garage so I can sit and watch wheeler Dealers till my hearts content even got a fridge for me beer;);)

Panic over I've set a telly set up in the garage so I can sit and watch wheeler Dealers till my hearts content even got a fridge for me beer;);)

Shogun could you have not just gone to the bedroom, genuine question fella

Well I suppose so, but I like my garage and I spend a lot of time messing with my old cars its a place I feel comfortable,I think I might have to grow a pair and put my foot down and take control of the the hand set,I think they have had their own way for long enough I think it might be my new year revaluation no more coronation street no more eastenders and defo not more stinkly come dancing;);););)

Best. Show. Ever. :)

I thought when that train fell on it that was the end of it:shocked:

Well I suppose so, but I like my garage and I spend a lot of time messing with my old cars its a place I feel comfortable,I think I might have to grow a pair and put my foot down and take control of the the hand set,I think they have had their own way for long enough I think it might be my new year revaluation no more coronation street no more eastenders and defo not more stinkly come dancing;);););)

Nooo don't get on the wrong side of 4 females, if the garage is your favourite place then fair do's to you. Our lass has Corrie, Eastenders & Emmeroid Farm on, if I'm not on laptop I'll have a look.

But thankfully we both hate such as SCD, and X factor & all the other crap shows of that ilk :hihi: