Parent and child parking meadowhall

I am going to meadowhall for the first time since having my son and wonder if you could tell me where the parent and child parking spaces are, are there some in each car park? Which car park would you say is the best/easiest? Are there lifts from the underground car parking? Sorry for all the questions :)

Outside NEXT i would say would be the easiest.

I use the car park on the upper level outside boots, always plenty of child parking spaces free.

Boots one is best always free ones, don't go to Argos ones always full of lazy people with no kids!!

Top level outside Boots - go up the ramp turn left towards Boots and then right in front of Boots

I have found that the easiest time to find a parent and child parking space has been by going first thing, although this is not always possible with a young baby.

Don't know if you already know the following information but if you are breastfeeding I have found Mothercare has a really good room for this. There are really nice comfortable nursing chairs and a water machine. They also have a good baby changing room. Where the main toilets are around Meadowhall, there are baby changing rooms that also have a toilet you can get a pram in (some can be quite a struggle manoeuvring the pram in and closing the door).

Hope you get on ok. Also might be worth taking a spare change of clothes. I remember my first time at Meadowhall and my baby did a large nappy that leaked all over her clothes.

I remember my first time at Meadowhall with my baby.

we got on two buses, me and the baby, and a pram, and bags.

we got off at the interchange and managed somehow to walk all the way over the footbridge and into the shops.

From what I can recall, we even managed to make it all the way back home again without needing any special help at all.

It's amazing what you can do when you really try.

From what i've heard, and it's only rumours, but there are still some women managing to do this today.

For what it's worth, there isn't any underground parking at Meadowhall, only for the body bag collectors.

ETA: I know i'm winding you up a bit above, and it's not particularly aimed at the OP, but what I am genuinely curious about, and would like to know in all seriousness, if you can't manage to get from your car to inside the building if it's parked at a normal distance away, how do you manage to then walk round the shops?

And some people say they need the extra wide space to get baby out and the pram etc, but people manage when they didn't exist, or go where there aren't any, or as I say above, manage on public transport. Getting a child out of a car is just the same as getting anything out of your car you don't want damaging, it's not rocket science.

They managed to get the child in the car in all probability at the side of the road most times.

It's a topic thats been done to death I know, but seriously, having a child is not a disability.

Edited by beansforyou

The point of a parent space is not the distance but the fact they are wider spaces, thus saving "normals" having dings in doors.

So why are they always at a lesser distance than normal spaces?

Why do parents with children require more space to get a child out of a car than anything else, but only when near shopping areas?

At what age do you stop classing the person in the car as a mother/child?

I often take my mother out in my car, does that mean I can park in the mother & child spaces?

She has trouble getting herself out :lol:

First off its not "mother and child" it's parent (my extremely large penis rules me out as a mother) ;)

Second I will stop using parent spaces when said child can walk around without me having to faff about with a pram.

I wouldn't mind where they were located as long as they are the wide spaces. (Try getting a wriggling kid out of a car when the doors only half open)

And as I pointed out it saves childless drivers cars being dented.

When your buggy is a frame your carseat clips into, you HAVE to be able to get the damned seat out of the car, and it just won't happen in a 'normal' space

Park so that you have space on one side to get the seat out, and you'll find somebody has parked there by the time you come back, and you now can't get it in unless you dump both the baby and seat on the ground and reverse out, or throw the baby over your shoulder and leave the seat somewhere somebody can drive over it, then try to reverse with a child occupying one arm

Basically, that's the most diabolical post I've seen you make, Beans :confused:

There are facilities in place. What the heck is wrong with somebody asking for info on them?

To the OP - By the way, the best way to get round meadowhell with a baby is to invest in a baby carrier :thumbsup:

There was no such thing as parent and child spaces when I had young children.

It wasn't a problem......

Now the facility is there, but I don't see the need for them to be as close to the shopping centre as possible.....often in preference to disabled spaces.

No wonder we are becoming a nation with obesity problems.