Myers Grove Comp in the 60s

there was mr greatorex and mr robinson in music, we used to hang out in music room at dinner time. I was in the band and orchestra. mr wardle RE always wore his gown, girl in our class, lorna barton who was good at art drew him as a vulture, she always doodled in class.

Aaahhh memories! I remember Mr. Wardle and his gown. Am going to look through my old report cards - yes, I still have them - for more names. I can remember a lot of faces, but the names elude me.

we met up for a reunion few years ago we all hated school but some good friends, it was run like a grammar school such a shock after rivelin it was made a middle school so we were the first to stay an extra year, didn't like all the stupid rules like no heels or length of skirts, measured, we were lined up for a checking. My brother got sent home for wearing boots when it snowed.

1972-1977

started in 2d1 left 2nd term of 6th form got job at Barclays got sack after 3 months it was even worse than school

Looking back, they were some good years. Some great memories and good friends. Will think of more names for the thread tomorrow. Now in my part of the world it 's bedtime!

Was Mr Greaterex th science teacher with glasses quite old? Nickname Ziggy? Used to look a bit like a Gecko?

Just thought of another one in terms of language teachers. Mrs Leatherbarrow. French and Spanish.

Have to remember teachers by subject. Bit frightening I can hardly remmeber anyine for certain subjects. All a bit friends re-united this.

could be him, mr Robertson always had a red face little bloke

My reports didn't help. They are just initialed. Do remember Mrs. Leatherbarrow and Miss Constantine for Spanish. Mr.martin was my form teacher in year 4, I think. Then we got divided into boys and girls for the fifth form, didn't we? Or maybe I am just remembering wrong!