Myers Grove Comp in the 60s

What year did you go to Myers Grove and who was your favourite teacher?

JC

1972 to 1977 mr lloyd

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 23:56 ----------

1972mr greaterex
I remember him too

1967 Mr Jones

Also

went Nev Wright

Andrea Hunt

Ian Harris (2)

Gary Mills

Linda Sanderson

David Mulligan

Trevor Ford

Wendy Griffith

Linda Whiteley

Dot Burbeary

Ken Blaze

Derek Dignam

Graham Crossley

Harry Pickering

Christine Hallam

Susan Boot

Maureen Clark

Keith Skelton

Harry Bramall

Steven Burlak

Peter Oxley

David Oxley

Paul Carrack(Yes Paul Carrack)

All left about same time

Didn't teach me but Miss Smith took french (very easy on the eye)

Hi there ~ this is Susan Boot ~ you mention me in your posting ~ I remember quite a few of the name in your list ~ I have a photo (somewhere) of the our class with Mr Monkman ~ it was 1B1. I have had contact recently with Nev Wright, but apart from Nev, believe it or not, I have never run into anybody since I left in 1965. I have no idea who you are from your log in name, but I hope you are well, and looking forward to Christmas. :)

mr byers was my form tutor 1980 to 1982 ish

I went to 'Myers' between 1980 and 1985. Mr.Snell for games and Mr.Astle for pottery. Great teachers. Happy days!!

I had Mr Astle too for pottery Christ know why I took that option, at least it says art and design on my results

I had Mr Astle too for pottery Christ know why I took that option, at least it says art and design on my results

Smoking, when I did, was great in the kiln room!

I was there 1976-1983. Remember Mr. Lloyd, Miss Darnell and Miss. Rivett(games). Mrs. Hollister among others. Don't remember my form teachers, though. The summer fair was one of the things I remember fondly, and sports day. Some great memories. I was in 1M1, 2D1, 3D1, 4D1.

What did Mr Byers teach?

What did mr Astle look like? there was one who could have been one of the impressionists with artist smock and everything, elderly and another who was young qyute trendy and had a moustahce?

Miss Darnell and Rivett. I remember one was build like a rugby player and the other very jolly hocky sticks, thin and young. Mrs Hollister was domestic science and got along well with Mr Snell (who was always very red). I like seeing these names as they bring back memories.

Love your descriptions 999tigger:-) The impressionist smock wearing teacher's name escapes me now. The rugby player build teacher was MIss Barrett. Also remember the French teacher Miss Speak and music Mr. Sharpe for the appropriate names!!

Love your descriptions 999tigger:-) The impressionist smock wearing teacher's name escapes me now. The rugby player build teacher was MIss Barrett. Also remember the French teacher Miss Speak and music Mr. Sharpe for the appropriate names!!

The art teacher retired.

yep Miss Barrett

Miss Speak I cant remember.

Mr Sharpe was the tall thin guy with glasses, quietly spoken. I have a feeling he died? He was an acomplished Jazz Pianist. Now making me think there was the head of music that looked a bit like Rawlf the dog from the muppets. Big guy.

What I find a bit sad is how many teachers names ive forgotten yet they played a massive part in my life. I cant really think of any I disliked.

Mr Astle was the Art teacher that wore the blue smock, tall moustachoiued chap, he was great!!

I remember Mr 'C' Sharpe the music teacher...Oh, the irony, 'C' Sharp :) and also the the other music teacher who was a little like Animal from the Muppets...

Aaaahh, memories, I'm going to pop back on to this thread tomorrow and see who I can remember as it's late now :)