Myers Grove Comp in the 60s

Can anyone recall the names of the husband and wife teachers who taught

Economics - Commerce etc. They were fifty plus and very old fashioned.

I don't know how long they had been at Myers but they were there 67/68

People keep telling me it was John and Sheila Sherwood - no it was not - they were athletes and taught PE. I don't think John ever worked at Myers Grove.

People keep telling me it was John and Sheila Sherwood - no it was not - they were athletes and taught PE. I don't think John ever worked at Myers Grove.

John taught at Firth Park.

Think they were called Leefe

Think they were called Leefe

That would be a bit of coincidence given that there were Kel and Helen Leaver but both taught PE and wouldn't have been there in the 60's nor in their 50's then!

Kel Leaver is still at Myers hes in his 50s now. He's married to someone else now.

That would be a bit of coincidence given that there were Kel and Helen Leaver but both taught PE and wouldn't have been there in the 60's nor in their 50's then!

I was there from 65 to 70. Got no idea who you are talking about but I do know the couple that Chris M is reffering to.

This is a quote from the Myers Grove Section on Friends Reunited - if you don't known site their is a section where ex pupils can comment on teachers.

Quite begins:

Mr & Mrs Leafe

The 'old married couple'listed in the 'memory' section were Mr and Mrs Leafe. They weren't quite so old when I knew them in 1965! Her nickname was 'Lettuce'- which rather suited her. Was she still called that in 1980?

Ends

I was there from 65 to 70. Got no idea who you are talking about but I do know the couple that Chris M is reffering to.

This is a quote from the Myers Grove Section on Friends Reunited - if you don't known site their is a section where ex pupils can comment on teachers.

Quite begins:

Mr & Mrs Leafe

The 'old married couple'listed in the 'memory' section were Mr and Mrs Leafe. They weren't quite so old when I knew them in 1965! Her nickname was 'Lettuce'- which rather suited her. Was she still called that in 1980?

Ends

That's fine, problem solved then. I didn't say you were wrong, just that it was a coincidence in names - another married couple with one letter difference. I also said it couldn't have been Leaver through the description. Leafe is the answer.

Thanks Dunney - interesting!

Thanks for that info doc. Never heard of the Leavers though.

One thing that sticks in my memory - a PE teacher called Dubberly - he was a bit of a bully and got his payback in the staff/pupils rugby match - some kind soul punched him in the stomach and he was doubled up for about 5 mins

- great days !!!

Thanks for that info doc. Never heard of the Leavers though.

80's + which is one of the reasons it couldn't be them.

Dubberly wasn´t a PE teacher. He was an english teacher who played rugby.

I was there from 65 - 70 can yot let mr know yr name?