Living in hillsborough - rubbish & dog mess

I live in Deepcar and we have the same problem here. I have started taking pictures of the culprits and would like to name and shame them.

You will get little or no mileage out of the Council unless you are prepared to put hours and hours of time on the matter.

We have dog poo bins here which are full and overflowing they are rarely emptied.

Last year we were trying to get the council acknowledge that there was a problem with dog fouling on Don Field. The site was visited and we were told that there was not a problem. My partner and I then went onto the field and in 20 minutes marked over 50 piles of poo on a map (sad I know). We tried to get the council to tell us what the cut off point was with no luck.

Within a week our neighbour took two little girls onto the field to play on the swings they came home covered in dog mess out neighbour inn a fury contacted the council. The council wrote to her saying that there was a problem and then posted leaflets through letterboxes asking people to be more responsible.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

I walked up to Tesco on Dykes Hall Rd this morning, someone had let their dog poo on the pavement at the corner of Far Lane/Garry Rd and just left it there. :gag:

Having said that, the grass verge on the other side of Far Lane is a state. Churned up where a car is often parked as well as the litter. Before the grass is cut the litter should be picked, but it rarely happens.

Perhaps we ought to follow the example of the people in Wincobank? http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/volunteers-hit-streets-in-effort-to-tackle-rubbish-and-mess-in-sheffield-suburb-1-5489300

Bridget Ingle is a great community spirited person ( I don't know her btw but read regularly about local stuff she organises and drives thru) - she has a willingness to get things done, organise and motivate others and is not afraid to ask the right questions. I think her dad is Brendan and I have regularly over the years seen him and the boys from his gym out clearing the streets and verges of litter in the Wincobank area. It just shows that all it takes is one or two or a small group of like minded people who are sick of drowning in filth to make a big difference to their own area.

does anyone know how i can find out who owns the wasteland on taplin road? i know there is title registery, which might have info on but you have to pay to get it.

since the council are so inept at being able to track the owner of this land then i will try to find out myself.

also i am thinking of just clearing the fly tip myself as i am sick to death of looking at it. the council have told me i will be trespassing if i do this?? is this true, even though its open land?

thanks

does anyone know how i can find out who owns the wasteland on taplin road? i know there is title registery, which might have info on but you have to pay to get it.

since the council are so inept at being able to track the owner of this land then i will try to find out myself.

also i am thinking of just clearing the fly tip myself as i am sick to death of looking at it. the council have told me i will be trespassing if i do this?? is this true, even though its open land?

thanks

Yes it's trespass and to remove items from the land would be a theft as now they are there they are the sole property of the landowner

It's not just Hillsborough with a dog fouling problem. It seems to prevail in most areas of Sheffield. There is no deterrent to stop these inconsiderate dog owners. The only way is to give them a heavy fine. The council don't seem bothered, I complained to the council some years ago. To my disapointment I found there was just one dog warden for the whole of Sheffield. Past fines for inconsiderate dog owners were negligible. Not sure how the city stands with dog wardens now, or how many dog owners have been fined in the last year. I would like to bet it is hardly any or none at all.

Went down SPITAL HILL yesterday, could not believe the mess, All outside shops .shops should be fined for not cleaning up . Something must be done i felt ashamed..

There's been a piece of green construction dust screening stuck up a tree in Hillsborough Interchange 15 months now. How difficult would it be, really, for Travel South Yorkshire to get it down?

Actually, just been sent form to report it via twitter, have done so. Not sure who inspects their facilities though, Stevie Wonder presumably?

Edited by hicksy3
Further information

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Worked for me when I used it a year ago :D

already tried that, made no difference. :mad:

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 20:36 ----------

Yes it's trespass and to remove items from the land would be a theft as now they are there they are the sole property of the landowner

well the landowner obviously does not give a damn. well looks like there will be an open fly tip for all to use. right infront of my house, how lovely. :gag:

I've come across instances where the dog muck has been put in a plastic bag and the bag left in the road or side of the path.

Noticed someone has done that round the corner our house.

What is that all about?

I have seen people occasionally do it if they know they are coming back the same way so they can retrieve it on the way back but otherwise why would someone do the icky bit, but then leave the tod in a bag, preserved and a whole lot longer lasting than if they hadn't bagged it in the first place.

we recently bought a house in hillsborough, we have lived here for 3 months now.

to say im dissapointed is an under statement. the area is filthy with rubbish but whats worse is the dog mess EVERYWHERE. i took my dog out for a walk and counted at least a dozen piles of poo :gag:!!!

the 'wasteland' area on taplin road is covered in rubbish and fly tips. i am going to contact the council on monday and report this to environmental health and i have been told this is private land?

i have also noticed a mattress and fridge freezer in people front gardens.

i would like to do something about the state of the area but not sure where to start??

I have lived in Hillsborough for more years than i care to remember.I agree with your comments,Hillsborough has gone downhill rapidly.Its filthy....

Walking down Bradfield Road a few weeks ago there was a dead rat on the pavement outside Lloyds TSB..The trees in the Bus Terminus has had a tatty Green Tarpaulin strewn across them for about a year and no-one has decided to move it.The Electrical shop that has closed down at the Hillsborough Tram Stop, has a sign on the window saying 'Hillsborough In Bloom' and just below it is a window box with old tab ends,weeds and rubbish in it.... you have to walk around the streets in Hillsborough with your head down,dodging the dog poo,the owners who let their dogs do this ought to have their noses rubbed in it....Take a tram to Crystal Peaks and see how clean it is there,but don't venture into the City Centre because that's also a disgrace.

Edited by allsoppk

well the landowner obviously does not give a damn. well looks like there will be an open fly tip for all to use. right infront of my house, how lovely.

It doesn't matter if the land owner gives a damn or not. You shouldn't (and don't) have to put up with a fly tip in an area like that. The local authority have powers and a responsibility to clear private land and re-charge costs to the land owner.

Don't let environmental health fob you off, my experience is that they will tell you anything you want to hear but do absolutely nothing. Get it in writing, contact your councillors and don't take no for an answer. Failing that you could threaten to sue the land owner and the council, usually does the trick.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

we recently bought a house in hillsborough, we have lived here for 3 months now.

to say im dissapointed is an under statement. the area is filthy with rubbish but whats worse is the dog mess EVERYWHERE. i took my dog out for a walk and counted at least a dozen piles of poo :gag:!!!

the 'wasteland' area on taplin road is covered in rubbish and fly tips. i am going to contact the council on monday and report this to environmental health and i have been told this is private land?

i have also noticed a mattress and fridge freezer in people front gardens.

i would like to do something about the state of the area but not sure where to start??

Hello! Would you please PM me? I'm currently working on some stories in the Hillsborough area and would love to hear your insight! thanks!