Living in hillsborough - rubbish & dog mess

Have you tried phoning Sheffield City Council? I regularly phone them up about dog mess, graffiti and holes in the road. Can't remember number but you can just phone their general number and ask to be put through.

Never sure how quickly they clear up dog mess (there always seems to be more of it). Graffiti got painted over very quickly and the hole in the road was filled in within 24 hours. I live near Morley Street, don't get me started on the inconsiderate idiots who let their dogs mess all over the pavement.

It's not just me that thinks Taplin Road is a tip then.

What's the story about that wasteland? Would it maybe be put to good use as parkng spaces? I think that's another issue round Taplin Road/ Ball Road. The litter gets dropped as the area looks untidy wth cars parked on pavements etc.

i live on taplin, i was told the wasteland is privately owned. apparantly they bought it to build flats on but cant due to the lack of parking in the area.

i dont know if this is true or not. if its not privately owned it would be lovely to turn it in to a garden area like the one on holme lane.

i for one am stick of having to look at the rubbish and fly tips on there its disgusting.

---------- Post added 09-03-2013 at 20:12 ----------

Just set this up on Facebook as I too live in Hillsborough.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hillsborough-Forum/429101497165162?skip_nax_wizard=true

i have liked your page :)

It is sad to hear once respectable areas of Sheffield turning in to ghettos. The same is happening at Page Hall. I send at least a dozen emails a week to the council to have rubbish and fly tipping removed, not including illegal parking and phone calls to 101 about antisocial behaviour. In fact David Blunkett and the new Police Commissioner cam to our recent Residents Meeting to listen tomorrow concerns. Something needs to happen Sheffieldwide to encourage elements in the community to act responsibly or fear the consequences.

i live on taplin, i was told the wasteland is privately owned. apparantly they bought it to build flats on but cant due to the lack of parking in the area.

i dont know if this is true or not. if its not privately owned it would be lovely to turn it in to a garden area like the one on holme lane.

i for one am stick of having to look at the rubbish and fly tips on there its disgusting.

---------- Post added 09-03-2013 at 20:12 ----------

it was a community garden about ten years ago..but it fell into disrepair and ended up being sold.

I agree... the area is having a hard time.. the dog mess is local but the other rubbish and the crime may well be people passing through the area..to the shops, pubs,football or just to nick stuff in the case of all the crime.

Just set this up on Facebook as I too live in Hillsborough.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hillsborough-Forum/429101497165162?skip_nax_wizard=true

I just liked your page - i don't live in Hillborough, but this is a problem all over Sheffield. There seems to be a phobia with taking a plastic bag (and a rubber glove if necessary) and just scooping it up - if i had a dog, I would do that. This is truely a really disgusting problem. ( I have shoes in the bin to prove it).

Thankyou DaisyBoo and Blinks :-)

I have liked it too. :thumbsup:

Just seen this in the Star: 'SHEFFIELD Council and The Star have launched a Love Your City campaign to reduce the amount of litter and dog fouling.' That was quick!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/vote-are-we-doing-enough-to-keep-sheffield-tidy-1-5485032

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I've come across instances where the dog muck has been put in a plastic bag and the bag left in the road or side of the path.

I think the problem lies with the people too lazy to exercise their dogs and supervise their toilet activities,and a larger group of people who wait for others to take the intiative.We live near woods but many of the residents seem to pick up litter as it accumulates.

i have also noticed a mattress ... in people front gardens.

I know the one you're on about, and I agree, I've been known to take people the longer route via the corner shop to avoid having to walk past it as it's a bit of an embarassment.

I don't understand how people can take so little pride in their home and surrounding environment.

I know the one you're on about, and I agree, I've been known to take people the longer route via the corner shop to avoid having to walk past it as it's a bit of an embarassment.

I don't understand how people can take so little pride in their home and surrounding environment.

i know its disgusting. people are living in the house as i saw someone sat inthe front room the other day. they obviously dont give a damn!!!