All Things Myspace Megathread!

Do you have a space on myspace?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a space on myspace?

• Yes my link is on this thread
    • Yes but its private
    • No why would I
    • just show me the results

Because like all websites of that ilk(Faceparty et al), they are in fact dating websites that allow people the pretence that theyre not actually a member of a dating website(thus avoiding the stigma thats attatched to these sites), but are instead members of an 'online community'.

Thats my take on 'em anyhow....

i dont have a my space account but i do have a profile at http://www.mingleville.co.uk profile name danik . the reason i go on there is a chance to meet new people.. can say some ppl do use it as a dating thing but i have met some of the nicest ppl on there and i have met with three of them.. so with regards to "So... my question is... whats the point in MYspace?" it is to have fun...

Lots of people promote their band or whatever on there.. and its great for meeting poeple.. talking about anything and nothing on.. kind of like this site isn't it?!

Online communities are filling the gap that real life community should be filling.

People don't talk to their neighbours that much anymore (we do in meersbrook however!) so they talk to people on the net. MySpace makes it easy to find people with similar interests.

Boo Hoo!! Emo!! boo hoo!!

Its full of self centered people talking about themselves! they need to close that bad boy down!

Myspace is bascailly somewhere where u can advertise yourself! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

So... my question is... whats the point in MYspace?

I take it you don`t have a MySpace ?, you just wish to moan about it.

For someone that doesnt like it you seem to have put a lot of research into the subject of myspace :suspect:

Oh! i can't stand the place. But my friends have got it, and its rude not have a nosey.

It does seem to be a place for people to take pictures of themselves tho and do quizzes about "how cool am i" etc...etc.. etc...

I use it because it's cheaper than sending a text and a few people I know have broken phones or I don't know them well enough to get a mobile number.

A lot of it is mutual self congratulation though,, but thats what friendship is about.

I don't get these people with one million friends though, usually female with men just adding them and being lewd, I can't see how that can appeal to anyone but the most shallow.

Wilf

For someone that doesnt like it you seem to have put a lot of research into the subject of myspace :suspect:

I looked into getting one.

I wasn't totally against it until I read some peoples pages and the MYspace disclaimer, infact i am still not 'totally' against it, just don't like it.

If I time comes when I feel for some strange reason i need one... i suppose i will get one. Its gunna have to be a good reason though, and i can't think what it could be.

This discussion was basically to see if someone could talk me round, make me see MYspace from a whole new light, but nobody has of yet...

Lots of people promote their band or whatever on there.. and its great for meeting poeple.. talking about anything and nothing on.. kind of like this site isn't it?!

Online communities are filling the gap that real life community should be filling.

Having seen some of the stuff that passes for ice breaking conversation on there, it makes you wonder how they would cope with real life communities..

Just imagine it, your a young teenage girl at a local dance, when some goon with a baseball cap,baggy trousers and naked from the waist up comes up to you and says.....

"Ive just been lookin at you and you is well fit - I fink you and me should bone, innit?":o

I say keep 'em on online communities - best place for 'em :hihi: