I fancy some lamb..

As the title says,

Really in mood for some lamb, like when you cook a lamb steak on bbq n the fat goes crispy hmmm

Anyone know of a wicked lamb dish from a take-away or I was thinking to go to asda n have butchers???

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 19:28 ----------

- Yes I do have the munchies

Rack of lamb is a lovely cut for getting crispy fat and succulent pink meat - with the added bonus of bones so you can pick it up.

I thinked you've just convinced me to have lamb this weekend.........

Yes, I do agree with Longcol, rack or loin is the best part of the lamb to make crispy fat and pink meat.

If you fancy to do some job, do this:

- take whole half-lamb loin

- remove layer of fat

- remove bones - you will only have loin and tenderloin muscles.

- wrap these two muscles into a fat layer, to make long roll. Fix it with any butcher's twine.

- Slice into 3/4-1 inch medallions

- grill them under very hot grill (broil mode).

Yes, plus one for a rack!

I like to remove the skin and fat, smear with dijon mustard, coat with chopped fresh herbs, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. But let it rest for 10 minutes when you take it out of the oven

Nice and pink, juicy and tender. A rack will serve 2 people nicely.

When I buy lamb joints I always used to overcook it so I tried the 'chefs' way and cooked it for the said time but it was horrible and chewy - does anyone have a foolproof recipe for cooking roast lamb so that it is not dry but not chewy either :confused:

When I buy lamb joints I always used to overcook it so I tried the 'chefs' way and cooked it for the said time but it was horrible and chewy - does anyone have a foolproof recipe for cooking roast lamb so that it is not dry but not chewy either :confused:

Slow cooker ?