News! A new Addition! I should soon be getting a "forever-boy" Yaaay!

Aha! I think I've met him then :)

He's a sweet little boy- I hope he fits into your home and you have a lovely life with him :)

You have??? Oooh!

Yes, he's tinier than Trixie. I think he's a "Jackahuahua", as he is small like a chihuahua, but with Jacky characteristics.

The poor old lad is about 9 or 10, and it's horrible to see any dog or cat in the pound. :(

He and Trix got on okay, at their meet up, (although he is definitely going to lose those "pompoms", as he got a bit too frisky, for an old man, and tried to bonk her, even though she is neutered. lol)

He can live out his "dotage" with a forever Sister, and a warm fire, and all the treats he can eat! :0

Hopefully, he will settle well, and he will be my forever-boy.(and Trixie's forever "Bruvver", of course! lol)

Thats so lovely to read. hope you bring him in to meet us!

I keep reading this and getting ridiculously excited for you and Sandy. When is he coming for his visit? I need news! :D

Thats so lovely to read. hope you bring him in to meet us!

I keep reading this and getting ridiculously excited for you and Sandy. When is he coming for his visit? I need news! :D

Maryjane, of course I'll try and arrange to bring him to the shop, once he's settled. it's a "given" :D

Well, Pixie, I'm away for a week, next week, so I can't bring him home till I'm back, (I didn't want to bring him here for a week or two, and then have to send him back to the kennels. I felt that would unsettle him far too much. I'd rather he came, once we have assessed how he will cope here, and stayed here. I think it will be far less stressful if it's done that way.

Oh yes, not fair on him to meet you for a week then go away again. I'm so glad there's so many people out there that take rescue dogs home instead of buying from breeders. I hope everything goes well :)

Well, it's Easter Sunday... and little man Sandy is finally here.

He's currently sitting at my feet as I type, after a lovely long dash around the garden with the trixter... bless him, he just wants love and cuddles, and a play.

Photos will hopefully follow, once I have sorted out how to upload them! :)

Brilliant !! Far more rewarding than an Easter Egg !!! :hihi:

May you have many happy years together.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

A Two-Weeks-On Update on the little forever-man, Sandy!

Little Sandy-man is settling in very well, and getting on well with Trix, and the mogsters, Chez Talker.

It's been just over two weeks since he came here from the rescue kennels, and it's like he has always been here.

He's such a sweetie. He's obsessed by his toy ball, (heheh) and he loves you to throw the balll for him. He's a right comedian, though, He sits on his back legs and begs for the ball (or treats!) but the absolute funniest thing is, he sleeps with his ball in his mouth, holding it between his front paws, and "mutting" on it like it's a baby's dummy!

Trixie is teaching him her tricks, like going bananas, when he's told "Aunty Mandy's here!" and "Beg for cheese!"

He's very happy to be away from the kennel, (as you can all imagine!) and has had a pre-chop check-up before he gets "chopped" tomorrow (Bless him!).

The vet said he was in very good health, and condition, for his age. He pronounced him fit to have his chop-op, tomorrow, so he is being readied for that, this evening. (food moved up, from midnight, etc)

I was a bit concerned, due to his age, about having him anaesthetised, as he really ought to have been "done" when he was younger. I said to the vet that I really dislike the idea of my pets being left entire, but was concerned he was old to be chopped...

the vet said that the risks of anaesthesia are more to do with the animal being in poor health, rather than the age of the animal.

He is also having some nasty-looking, hanging dew-claws removed from his back feet, as they are catching on everything, and causing discomfort.

Please send him your good vibes for it being a simple op, won't you, and an uneventful recovery?

Thanks in advance

PT, "Forever-mum"

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 20:03 ----------

Oooh i forgot to say:- now he's been here a bit, it's become apparent that he isn't a Jack-huahua, but more likely a jack-dax. Looking at his little dumpy Queen-Anne legs, and how short and solid they are, they are definitely more Dachsund than Chihuahua.

XX

Ah bless, sounds like he's having a whale of a time. I'm sure his op and recovery will go fine.

Oh, and thanks for using the word 'mutting', I haven't heard it for soooooo long and no one believes me that its a real word . It is a real word, right?

Have fun with your new family member :)

Ah bless, sounds like he's having a whale of a time. I'm sure his op and recovery will go fine.

Oh, and thanks for using the word 'mutting', I haven't heard it for soooooo long and no one believes me that its a real word . It is a real word, right?

Have fun with your new family member :)

thank you! :)

Mutting is a word that my family use, (I remember my mother using it a lot) with regard to a baby sucking at a dummy or a bottle. (more particularly when the movement wasn't actually drawing on the milk in the bottle) it was also used when the baby was asleep, and making a sucking movement as if dreaming that they were drinking.

but, yeah, back to little man:- he's as happy as a sandboy to be here with me! :)

Thanks for the update. Fantastic that he has settled in soo well. May you all enjoy many many more happy years together.

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for him tomorrow :)