How to get an injunction

I would be very grateful if anyone can help/advice on how to get an injuction on someone who is making threats to harm/kill?

I have called the solicitors but they have not been helpful at all.

Thanks in advance.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help/advice on how to get an injuction on someone who is making threats to harm/kill?

Thanks in advance.

Have you reported this to the Police first off.

Surely they must be informed of any threats to kill.

What advice do they give?

Which solicitors? What did they say? You could try community legal advice.

I tried Howells & Taylor-Smith & both were not helpful at all. Very dismissve.

Thanks for the link.

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 00:11 ----------

Have you reported this to the Police first off.

Surely they must be informed of any threats to kill.

What advice do they give?

The police are involved. I cannot say further on here. Having a injuction would give me reassurance & peace because at the moment I am fearful.

I think you may be going down the wrong route.

It's already illegal to harm or kill someone - what do you think an injunction will do? Remind the potential perp they are not allowed to? Or have I misunderstood and you really did mean 'injucion' which is a different thing I don't know about?

I think you may be going down the wrong route.

It's already illegal to harm or kill someone - what do you think an injunction will do? Remind the potential perp they are not allowed to? Or have I misunderstood and you really did mean 'injucion' which is a different thing I don't know about?

Hopefully it will ban the person/s & keep them away from me? I thought that was the purpose of the injuction.

If someone is going to harm or kill you i can't see a bit of paper saying they can't is going to stop them :S

If someone is going to harm or kill you i can't see a bit of paper saying they can't is going to stop them :S

Hopefully it would stop this person from contacting me & continuing making these threats which = making me fearful & intimidated. But many thanks for your useful input :rolleyes: I guess you have never been threatened before :rolleyes:

Hopefully it would stop this person from contacting me & continuing making these threats which = making me fearful & intimidated. But many thanks for your useful input :rolleyes: I guess you have never been threatened before :rolleyes:

i am sorry this is happening to you, i had the same problem in another city, the council there were not interested in moving me to another house even with the police involvement!!, all the council did was put extra bolts on my doors and sealed up the letterbox and put a separate post box on the outside of my property. as long as the rent was being paid they didnt give a toss about me and my kids. i got help by a friend in sheffield and got re housed up here by them. good luck anyway xxx :roll:

Injunctions will not help you I am afraid to say, if the person is hell bent on making your life hell then they will do it whether there is an injunction in place or not, having said that, at least you have it documented if and injunction is in place should it ever go to court...

You will find the police reluctant to help you as it makes shed loads more paperwork for them everytime the attacker breaks the thing :(

I know you don't want to say much about the police case, but if this person is on bail with conditions not to contact you, this carries as much (if not more) weight than an injunction.

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiosity, did you have a relationship with this person? If so, then this is a form of domestic abuse and the courts/police should not be taking any kind of threats lightly.