Bike thieves in S6

Hi, we're in s6 and c. 3 weeks ago, I came downstairs to find 2 blokes in our back yard. Nothing in there to steal but nonetheless, worrying. When asked what they were doing, one of them told us ' we're looking for Dave. Tell him Carl called'.

We told the police that "Carl called" who were interested enough to send out officers to have a scout around. Lock now safely fitted to garden gate which, whilst not burglar-proof, will hopefully act as a small deterrent as opposed to the gate wide open situation we had before.

Stay safe and let police know of any incidents as there seems to be a spate of thefts in this area.

Regards :-)

lol next time someone comes looking for Dave tell them your hammer is called Dave then bloody hit them with it.

where abouts in Walkley are you la Que Sabe?

i spent some time today fitting a heavy duty lock to my garage door. the threat of theft cost me £50 quid today for the lock and a great big hasp. So even without theft the scumbags cost me money.

I think spate is an understatement....

its an epidemic!!!!

and you're lucky-the police rarely get back to anyone-just give them an incident and/or crime number......

there's another thread going about this too

most crime sprees seem to be down to a few people.

2 or 3 ***** go on a spree. then keep going until caught then the crime stops

it stays stopped for ages until 2 or 3 more ***** decide its their time to ruin some peoples days.

think some rotate their areas too. thinking about the crowd that I came across a couple of weeks ago, in our yard-elderly neighbour hadn't answered door-we happened to run into them and they fled!!!!-all the way from kiveton park.......be warned..people don't run from you like that unless they're up to no good.....thread about that 'company' on here already

its titled 'last week vans, this week bikes'

and there are older threads about thefts in S6......

and the ones I've experienced and the ones I've been told about....

Edited by Parvo

S20 someones been round taking manhole covers, very nice of them seeing as its an area with small children, pets, older people. Do theses thieves have no family! Can they not imagine whats going to happen sooner or later. Yes its been reported to 101

S20 someones been round taking manhole covers, very nice of them seeing as its an area with small children, pets, older people. Do theses thieves have no family! Can they not imagine whats going to happen sooner or later. Yes its been reported to 101

That'll be scrapmen they did it in my area last year.

That'll be scrapmen they did it in my area last year.

NO................NOT scrapmen..........................THIEVING BAR STEWARDS..........

put a friends uncle in hospital ..........when he fell down a manbhole where the 'scrapmen' had stolen the cover...................

they don't give a toss about anybody else.... anyone caught with stolen metal should have their vehicles crushed, and face a hefty sentence......

remember when they blew up a row of houses.....could have killed a whole street of people.....

be carefull in S11 too! Mine has been stolen this week on Tuesday ;(

Tell your son to not loose hope, I had a very simlar bike stolen years ago. It turned up a year later in the hands of a very genuine person who kindley contacted me to return it when he discovered that the bike he bought was stolen.

The bike theif will probly know its value, however they are to stupid to realise that its value also means that it is unique so it will stand out like a sore thumb,and will easly be spotted and recognised like mine did!

I will gladley keep my eyes open for your sons bike as my job has me driving around the whole off sheffield all day.

It is worth keeping your eye open in the local classifieds. Its also a good idea to contact all local bike shops as theifs quite often take them in for simple repairs, and leave them there for months untill they have cooled down, making them easier to sell.

be carefull in S11 too! Mine has been stolen this week on Tuesday ;(

What bikes that? I'll keep an eye out.