Bike thieves in S6

Please be aware that bike thieves are prowling gardens and sheds, my sons bike has been stolen from outside our back door it was in an enclosed garden with no access other than over fences. One of his friends had his taken from in his garage. about an hour ago...

It was a white Azonic Steelhead with:

Shimano deor holotech crankset with pink gusset pedals ,

Dmr wing bars in white

Shimano front disk brake

Dmr moto tyres

Wtb seat

Marzochi dirt jumper 3 forks

I know it will be long gone now, but if anyone does see it give me a shout please.

And make sure yours are securely locked away...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525168_10151466640329322_862179030_n.jpg

Edited by fatboyslim
Picture added

is that s6 malin bridge

Maybe I am jumping the gun abit but these days I see more and more "chavs" sometimes very young chavs riding the woods etc... on top of the range mountain bikes (I am talking bikes worth thousands not hundreds).

I wish the police would come do some random checks, you know check the serial numbers etc... I bet they would recover quite a few stolen bikes.

well down comes the fog, so they can hide a bit more so they can steal

The thieving that's going on in S6 generally is getting so out of hand-wtf is going on. Think we need to get together to try to stop it.

I hope you get your bike back. though somehow I doubt it.

just to let people know the bike has been spotted outside the oceano chppy up wisewood if people could keep an eye out for me

cheers

some people have no remose whats so ever do they

I once had my bike stolen and whilst in parson cross at my dads someone came up to me on the streets and tried to sell my bike back. The dumb chav didn't relise he had stolen it off me!

There is a free security bike marking event run by South Yorkshire Police on Saturday 16th March (10.30-4pm) at the new bike shop - Over-Ride Cycleworks, 284 Shalesmoor. It's quick, easy and FREE. Sadly a bit late for some people, but worth it for those who are still in possession of their bikes.

Maybe I am jumping the gun abit but these days I see more and more "chavs" sometimes very young chavs riding the woods etc... on top of the range mountain bikes (I am talking bikes worth thousands not hundreds).

I wish the police would come do some random checks, you know check the serial numbers etc... I bet they would recover quite a few stolen bikes.

Unless they have reasonable suspicion then the police have no business asking to check your bike serial number.

However, everyone who has a bike should register it on:

http://www.immobilise.com/

Then recovered bikes can be returned to the owner.

My mountain bike was stolen 3 days ago just off Holme lane S6, Claud buter white and black, mudguard on the rear none on the front, lights and pump fastened to the bottom bar.