Disappearing Wall Found In Edwardian Manor house

Oh wow! I love features like that - ones that make a space more useable or give it a dual purpose. Brilliant!

presumably it's on counterbalance weights. Can you imagine if something like this was created now? It'd have motors and buttons, and would stop functioning in max 20years

I want one! Would be great between my lounge and dining room. Ok, my house is a prefab rather than Edwardian.....but.....it could work.....:hihi:

That's amazing. But you'd think there would be some evidence in the cellar.

That's amazing. But you'd think there would be some evidence in the cellar.
The owner says there might be a cellar but they haven't found a way in, it's at about 1:40 or so.

Interesting feature I must say.

I'm impressed with that, but I'd be worried about what other hidden features the house holds. You might walk through a door one day and find yourself in somewhere totally unrecognisable and never find your way out...

I once went to view a house on Meadowhead that had the same thing dividing two reception rooms. The only difference was that the partition disappeared up into the ceiling rather than down into the cellar.

It's a long time ago but I think it went between two parallel partitions on the first floor. It had a very smooth action, being finely balanced by counterweights.

Thats fascinating! I'd be exploring the whole house trying to find other strange things!

I once went to view a house on Meadowhead that had the same thing dividing two reception rooms. The only difference was that the partition disappeared up into the ceiling rather than down into the cellar.

It's a long time ago but I think it went between two parallel partitions on the first floor. It had a very smooth action, being finely balanced by counterweights.

oh wow! Which house?

I SO want to see that!