Astounded by brawl in 99p shop!

Wouldn't be seen dead in the 99p shop. I find the £1 shop so much classier. The higher prices tend to keep the riff-raff out darlings.

Wonder when there will be a 98p shop. Seems like an obvious business opportunity. If somebody undercuts you with a 97p shop then just rebrand as the 96p shop. And so on.

They have long queues because they dont hire enough staff to cope with the volume of customers. Poundland have the same problem.

Refusal to spend money on wages to open more tills and serve people quicker.

Wonder why that is? Im sure they could hire lots of staff and have every till manned at all times. You know just like other shops do.

But lets think what possibly could make places like the 99p shop keep staff costs down a minimum. hmmm...

Where is the 99p shop?

On Angel Street (thats a coincidence) just below Argos.

I can count on one hand the times iv been in this shop but funnily enough i was in yesterday but missed the brawl thankfully !

Long queues , dim lighting and cashiers that dont speak much English

I can count on one hand the times iv been in this shop but funnily enough i was in yesterday but missed the brawl thankfully !

Long queues , dim lighting and cashiers that dont speak much English

Correct !! Its a shame because Ive had some good bargains from there. The tills are badly understaffed though, and all seem foreign.

Much fun and mischief to be had in the 99p shop.

Went there a few years back with a friend.....they overcharged me for something....and once I pointed it out to the till staff they said they would get a manager to sort it out......so I waited, and waited, and waited....and then I noticed something.....so I picked it up and pressed the little button on it and made an announcement to the effect of "calling a member of management, customer at till needs attention"....nothing happened...so I clicked the little button again......"Customer service announcement....can a manager please come to the till area.....customer getting pretty p****ed off now"....and I could then hear laughter from the other customers around me. A manager did eventually arrive and told me off....ooooo...scared :hihi:

It's a right hub of entertainment and merryment is the 99p shop ;)

I went to the one in Leeds last year and what a difference !

Crackin place , totally different to the Angel St shambles

Wonder when there will be a 98p shop. Seems like an obvious business opportunity. If somebody undercuts you with a 97p shop then just rebrand as the 96p shop. And so on.

Far too extravagant, surely what's needed is a Ten Bob Shop for all these Ten Bob Millionaires I keep reading about.

As for violent women, they're scary - there's a seem of pure evil bound into the DNA of women that I find very unnerving.

got to say this as made my day i no i shouldnt but coundnt stop laughing when i read this as if ppl should go off like that in public lol

The place is a complete and utter dump. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this type of thing was a regular occurrence.

I think I've been there a total of 3 times and each time there is usually a gang of chav scum standing outside the shop looking like they are waiting for a suitable victim to steal from.

I was treated last time though. A smack rat was hovering around outside looking like he was desperate for a fix. :roll:

It's time that area was cleaned up!

there used to be a 98p shop in barking, 2 doors away from the 99p shop lol same stock, same owners