Which part of lowedges is the rough end ?

which part of lowedges is the rough end i have been told its the fire station end with the bottom part near the shop on end being regarded as the posh end.

The fire station end is classed s Greenhill.

the posh end of Lowedges..

I've heard it all now.

I know :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I've got friends living at both ends of the estate and must say I don't feel intimidated anywhere although I used to be aware of some rowdy behaviour near the Magpie. Loads of nice people around and so the rough aspect is because of a minority , unfortunately low life can be found anywhere in the city and sadly in more than one place on the estate

Its one of those areas with a lot of council flats and maisionettes, similar to Gleadless Valley, were a lot of ex cons just out of prison and other unsavoury characters, people who have been homeless, young people etc tend to get housed/rehoused. Also, a good amount of the houses on there are still owned by the council, rather than having been bought, which opens them up to becoming occupied by people that others may see as being 'less desirable'. Of course you get that in almost every area, but on a larger scale around there due to the amount of council housing available. I wouldn't say its any worse than any other area in reality, certainly no worse than the manor or parson cross, shiregreen etc, but some people would debate that. I wouldn't say theres a posh end either!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

the posh end of Lowedges..

I've heard it all now.

:hihi::hihi:

Rough end is the end near the dual carriageway where the shop on end is (crescent, place, toppham etc). Posh end is the other end where the fire station is. Thought you'd know this one pal.

Rough end is the end near the dual carriageway where the shop on end is (crescent, place, toppham etc). Posh end is the other end where the fire station is. Thought you'd know this one pal.

Ha ha wondered how long it would take for you to pipe up, sorry but you are wrong the lower end near to batemoor is the posh end.

No chance pal. The end commonly known as North Easterly Batemoor is definitely the rough end. The posh end is easily the opposite end near Bradway.

No chance pal. The end commonly known as North Easterly Batemoor is definitely the rough end. The posh end is easily the opposite end near Bradway.

Agreed - If there is such a thing. Anywhere remotely close to Batemoor/ Jordanthorpe can only be classed as (putting it as politely as possible) rough!

which part of lowedges is the rough end i have been told its the fire station end with the bottom part near the shop on end being regarded as the posh end.

no such thing as posh end in lowedges the whole area is as rough as a bears arse if you want posh you come to s5 got a nice village feel about it