Pet friendly properties/letting agents?

He has already done that :)

I know what a problem it is must be. For the landlord it is the fear of the neighbours complaining about the smell of dog poo on the back, barking when the post/milk man comes and conflict when their is a claim on the bond when leaving.

A few extra pounds on the bond often is not enough. Double bond might help. Even for the tenants without a pet and with a months bond, the damage on leaving is can be so great that 1 months bond is not enough.

There is pet insurance that will probably cover but the landlord has no idea that the tenant is paying the premiums.

I'm fed up with people thinking pet insurance is the be all and end all

Household insurance covers you for damage by your pet (with small print)

Is it true, do you know (as the excuse landlords use) that landlord insurance can become void if they let to people on DSS, who have pets and sometimes even children in the property? Hence why some won't?

If true it seems rather extreme and I think these landlords, if its true must surely be using the cheapest crap bog standard insurance they can get their hands on?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I enquirer about a few last night, up to now all rejected cos of my dog.

They say would suit a family etc, well alot of families have a dog.

I have less than 2 months to get a new place, I hope it's not going to be a struggle.

I have an advert on here and gumtree

I have less than 2 months to get a new place, I hope it's not going to be a struggle.

A lot of them will also say its an allergy thing. If their best potential next tenant has an animal allergy then they have to have the house fumigated :hihi:

Seriously always try and go direct to landlords without an agent if possible - agents often refuse straight off without even enquiring with the landlord.

I have a dog. My landlady never specified no pets, nothing in the contracts, and I didn't ask about it, I just got one. She doesn't seem to care at all. The dog does no damage and we have been here 3 years now.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I just don't want to run the risk of being thrown out, as that would be bad for references etc as well then.

I'd rather be above board where ever possible

is he crate trained?

Being crated whilst you're out is the biggest assurance you can offer a landlord

I have had many insurance policies over the last 28 years and mine haven't covered pet damage. For the last thirteen years I've had a bespoke insurance package to cover an annexe property my parents live in and outbuildings etc and nothing covers pet ave you Googled the pet friendly letting agencies? I don't know if there are any in this area but I know they do exist.

Try pre loved. Good luck

Hi, I am looking for a two bedroom property for me and my girlfriend to move into as soon as possible really.

We are both in full time employment although I will be going back to uni in October to finish my final year so will be working part time. This has not been a problem in previous years and we have never missed a rent payment.

Our budget is up to £500 and location preferably as close to the city center as possible, or at least tram stops. Unfurnished or furnished and garden preferable.

We have two small dogs, very well behaved and house broken, crated when we are not home. We would be willing to pay a higher bond and get the carpets cleaned when we leave.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help.

Aaron

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 19:26 ----------

Anybody? This really is quite urgent :/