Indian Rupees In Uk

Does anyone know where you can change or what you can do with Inidan rupees

I have checked with my bank and travel money exchanges and they all say that they don't change them

I only have about 3000 (which is not a lot in English money)

But wondered if htere was anyhting I can do with them over here

Cheers

Just heard a bloke in the money shop on about rupees he didn't take the 8.0 offered and thought 8.2 the previous day was much better? It changes everyday

Does anyone know where you can change or what you can do with Inidan rupees

I have checked with my bank and travel money exchanges and they all say that they don't change them

I only have about 3000 (which is not a lot in English money)

But wondered if htere was anyhting I can do with them over here

Cheers

As far as I know you can neither buy them or sell them here, never managed to myself anyway, even at the airport. So I always spent mine on tat or booze before I flew out :)

If anybody could arrange an exchange for you then probably Lloyds in town is your best bet, but if they aren't traded in the UK money markets then there's nothing that anybody can do for you.

I once took in a multi-currency wallet that had 14 currencies (from Slovenian tolar- now would be Euro- to Bosnian marks) in it and even Lloyds could only change half of them. They took a couple of weeks to exchange some of them too.

Nobody will change them, you're not even supposed to take them out of the country !

PM Sent Thanks

Keep them for now and next time you fly put them in one of the charity boxes. as you say its not a lot of money really

I thought they couldn't be taken out of the country either - best find someone who travels to India a lot and 'do a deal' :)

you dont have this problem going to cleethorpes :hihi:

Nobody will change them, you're not even supposed to take them out of the country !

Yep, that's correct - or was ten years ago. I'm surprised that you didn't get approached at the airport - we even had one of the police officers trying to change our currency for us.

We changed was little we had at an 'official' exchange counter. Not quite sure how official the exchange rate was though - we got well fleeced. Fortunately it was only for about £10 or £15.