Oldham vs Blades 02/03/13

Good day yesterday,Started off in sportsman at 9am,spent 90 mins trying to get through staley bridge ,Pre match drinking session was at salford quays in paul heatons pub.After a large amount of alcohol headed off to oldham.first half was ok but the 2nd half we took command and were worthy winners.nice to see the blades passing well and attacking whenever possible.

After match headed to eccy rd for bit of a get together with old blades in champs pub.

highlight of day was Kitson diving into crowd after scoring,it took the stewards FIVE minutes to get him back out after he was surrounded by loads of young excited blades.

Only downside to day (apart from bloody traffic at staley bridge) was some idiotic police hitting our young fans when they were "dancing" with kitson.It was completely over the top and one lad had his coat ripped by a still wet behind the ears copper.We have took down his name and number and will be putting in a complaint for the lad to get some "compo" for his coat.The lad was very upset and kept saying "why did he do that", BLOODY COPPERS !

Finally what a dump their ground is,i think they should spend some of their cup run money on a few tins of paint!

Luckily for me, I knew enough sneaky routes through Glossop, Mottram, etc., to miss all that crazy traffic jam, no wonder so many Blades missed the start of the game.

On the plus side, average first half performance was improved by a commanding second half performance. Doyle's quick reflexes for the first goal and big Dave's powerful header for second, followed by him vaulting the fence and being mobbed by a load of fans. Poleon went close twice, using his pace and power to good effect, reminds me of Christian Nade with the stocky build (although Nade would have fightened Mike Tyson!), and Harry went close on two occasions with headers.

Avoided the traffic by returning via Stockport, quick change and then out for the night for dinner and drinks, I was also on Eccy road Monzaman, but never made it to Champs, maybe next time mate! :)

totally agree about over zealous policing for one the stewards were clueless there werent enough seats for people to sit down. there was some very irate blades after finding there were no seats left. after the match there was friendley banter with the oldham fans which the coppers didnt like and tried to stop it with physical force .

totally agree about over zealous policing for one the stewards were clueless there werent enough seats for people to sit down. there was some very irate blades after finding there were no seats left. after the match there was friendley banter with the oldham fans which the coppers didnt like and tried to stop it with physical force .

Got to agree with that mate, when I saw the "unallocated seats" on the tickets, I feared the worse, god knows how many extra they had sold above the allocation. There were Police and Stewards walking around saying "can you find a seat and sit down please?" and everyone was saying "you find us a seat and we will sit down". A few minutes later, after walking around, the Stewards were coming back saying "...er...ok, can you just stand here and not block any aisles, fire regulations and all that...".

Without bigging up Sheff United, they must have known we were going to sell out as many as they could give us, someone should report them for that.

Luckily for me, I knew enough sneaky routes through Glossop, Mottram, etc., to miss all that crazy traffic jam, no wonder so many Blades missed the start of the game.

On the plus side, average first half performance was improved by a commanding second half performance. Doyle's quick reflexes for the first goal and big Dave's powerful header for second, followed by him vaulting the fence and being mobbed by a load of fans. Poleon went close twice, using his pace and power to good effect, reminds me of Christian Nade with the stocky build (although Nade would have fightened Mike Tyson!), and Harry went close on two occasions with headers.

Avoided the traffic by returning via Stockport, quick change and then out for the night for dinner and drinks, I was also on Eccy road Monzaman, but never made it to Champs, maybe next time mate! :)

we returned on the motorway,no problems with traffic.We had a good night in champs and it was helped by a large group of nice ladies who stood around a table blocking off any view of the wed shirt stuck on the wall ,well done ladies you made the view much nicer for a group of middle aged drunks!

we returned on the motorway,no problems with traffic.We had a good night in champs and it was helped by a large group of nice ladies who stood around a table blocking off any view of the wed shirt stuck on the wall ,well done ladies you made the view much nicer for a group of middle aged drunks!

Yes I was going to go back on the motorway, but once on the M60, it was only 15 minutes to the Stockport "Pyramid" and then I knew the way from there to bring me out on the west side of Sheff, where I live.

Champs sounded good! I did Lescar, Porter Cottage, Porter Brook end. Good beer.

Yes I was going to go back on the motorway, but once on the M60, it was only 15 minutes to the Stockport "Pyramid" and then I knew the way from there to bring me out on the west side of Sheff, where I live.

Champs sounded good! I did Lescar, Porter Cottage, Porter Brook end. Good beer.

From Barcelona to Porter Brook end ... :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hope all is well mate anmd glad you made it back to see us keep ANOTHER clean sheet and come away with 3 points...Bet you are well gutted you missed the Orient match because of Barcelona though eh ? :hihi::hihi:

Don't go there .Didn't arrive till half time.Didn't miss the goals though.:thumbsup:

From Barcelona to Porter Brook end ... :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hope all is well mate anmd glad you made it back to see us keep ANOTHER clean sheet and come away with 3 points...Bet you are well gutted you missed the Orient match because of Barcelona though eh ? :hihi::hihi:

Barcelona was alright CB, but they don't know how to put on a local derby like we do! :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 16:24 ----------

Don't go there .Didn't arrive till half time.Didn't miss the goals though.:thumbsup:

Every cloud has a silver lining eh Lush? :hihi:

Me neither, loads of other Blades in the same queue as well.

Nice to see McFadzean come on and play in his proper position on the left. I'd like to see him start there in preference to Flynn.

Barcelona was alright CB, but they don't know how to put on a local derby like we do! :hihi:

And heres me going to see MASSIVER than the MASSIVE Toronto FC vs Kansas City on Saturday :hihi::hihi:

See Robert Earnshaw in action ;)