Baby monitor with sensor pad in moses basket??

h2407

We are looking at getting either the Angelcare onr Tommy Tippee monitor with the sensor pad and wondered if anyone has used it in a moses basket?

Online i have seen loads of forums with people saying they did use it but wasn't sure how as all baskets have a lining- so do you put the pad directly under the mattress then had the lead just coming out of the basket or do you put some mdf between the stand and the basket and have the pad on that... or, have the paid under the lining and have the lead coming out of a gap in the wicket base?

Most reviews I've read seem to reckon they're a bit pants! Once the baby can wriggle and move a bit (so the pad isn't exactly between the shoulder blades) the alarm keeps sounding and causing panic!

My moses basket doesn't have a lining by the way... Wicker and a mattress,with a fancy cover x

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Most reviews I've read seem to reckon they're a bit pants! Once the baby can wriggle and move a bit (so the pad isn't exactly between the shoulder blades) the alarm keeps sounding and causing panic!

My moses basket doesn't have a lining by the way... Wicker and a mattress,with a fancy cover x

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Where is your moses basket from??

I think its from Mothercare, but is a couple of years old now and being recycled for the new baby at the minute!

I was going to buy the Tommee Tippee monitor myself as it had 60% off an Amazon, making it £30, but the reviews really did make me wonder if it was worth the hassle and decided not to bother. The Angelcare one is apparently a bit better.

Edited by Leah-Lacie
Bloody awful spelling !!

The Tommee Tippee one gives a lot of false alarms apparently.

We have the Angelcare one and have only ever had one false alarm in a year.

We used to put the sensor pad under the mattress in the moses basket and it worked fine.

I still use ours even though she is now one and in a cot bed : )

I'm looking at the tommee tippee closer to nature one and the angel care one and can't decide. I like the talk back function on the tommee tippee one.

This one?

Don't go paying £100 for it whatever you do, its always on offer on amazon :hihi:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004G5YVFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362058013&sr=8-1

• 2 weeks later...

We have the angelcare one & would highly recommend it. We used it for 2 years with our first little girl & are using it again now with our second. Its in the Moses basket, underneath the liner and mattress. We've only had a couple of false alarms in 2 years & that was when our daughter was older and wriggly, we found her laying down the side of the cot so hardly near the sensor mat!

Its very reassuring, especially with a newborn & personally could relax more & not keep jumping up to check on her all the time.