Large house (childrens home) redmires road

hi does anyone know the name of the childrens home . that was located in a large house on redmires road opp the hallamshire golf club car park. the house has now gone and i think it is barncliff homes? used to have a mate and his brother that lived there in the early 80s and just wondered if anyone on here remembers it or went there:)

The list of children's homes in the 1973 Kelly's Directory includes "Barncliffe, Redmires Road"..:)

It closed down years ago and the building was left to deteriorate by developers who wanted to build on it. After many years of deteriration, planners finally gave the go ahead and there are new houses on the site, some still being completed.

In the mid to late 1960's it was a home for unmarried mothers or women requiring shelter, a splendid Edwardian house with lavish ornamentation and stunning carpentry.

The home was just called Barncliffe. The only two brothers I know of were Alan and John.  Is this of any help?  I was there until late 80s and they are the only 2 brothers I recall. 

Edited by Tracielaine
Added detail

Hi there Tracielaine,

I've been looking for this information myself, thank you very much!

I now live in Germany but I was also there > 1985 once a week, maybe I "know" you or you remember me.

Feel free to get in touch!

Think there was a prisoner of war camp.up there ? Now full of travellers but don't travel far lol