Lap dancing Women not sex objects Demonstration outside townhall today

South and East Planning Board turned down the application. Report in today's Star under the headline :

"Cheers as plan for Sheffield strip club rejected"

Why not answer the full question since PT and TGH1(sp) wont.

It wasn't addressed to me. It wasn't my position to defend. I was just pointing out an inconsistency in yours.

Ask me a question and I'll do my best to answer. :)

Clubs in the UK are subject to the Policing and Crime act 2009 which specifies the regulations

Does it require the naming and identification of staff members including the dancers?

I walked past this demo today and next to it were the usual SWP stand with a stall about NHS cuts I think.

Anyway, I have no strong feelings about a strip club in either direction, but as I passed the town hall and crossed just outside what used to be Virgin I noticed a couple of chaps just starting to set up a stall and they were draping a St. George's cross flag and a union flag over their table thing.

Anyone know what that was about? Soon as I spotted it I imagined the SWP stall only a few yards away would be in conflict with them...but who knows.

It felt like a Saturday on town today. Amazing what a bit of sun can do.

I'm not one to 'bump' a thread and I don't come on here much but I am genuinely interested to know what the chaps who looked to be setting up a nationalist stall as such were doing and how the lefties about reacted.

Sadly I had to go back to work. It looked like it would be good sport!

Perhaps it's preferable for you, but some people obviously disagree.

It's not just dancers though, do you think Wayne Rooney and David Beckham are Mensa members?

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 08:45 ----------

It's been several years since I went there with a stag party, and it wasn't the cheapest place, I think it was about 拢3.00 a bottle though, low end of club prices I'd have said.

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 08:48 ----------

If you think it's a perversion that men like looking at naked women then I can only assume that you don't actually know any men and have never met one.

Do you actually know what the word 'perversion' means?

I know men who go to lapdancing clubs, and sorry...but they are pervs! Of course men like looking at naked women, but not usually enough to go and pay loads of money to leer at dirty old tarts... I dont begrudge them/you it though cos theyre/youre not doing any harm to me. Each to their own and all that (i say "you" as youre obviously part of the dirty old perv crew to stick up for them so vehemently, but pardon my rudeness if that is not the case)

My partner and I do fit but i am not certain we are-there are many out there clutching at short straws,as they say.Do they confess to their partners when they visit Seymour Hippo and the like?
They won't need to confess,but if the partner isn't stupid sooner or later they'll find out,then there will be a high a price to pay and that will will cost them a hell of a lot more then a few nights out at lap dancing club or some other sordid establishment will.

I know men who go to lapdancing clubs, and sorry...but they are pervs!

Do you know all the men that go? Or do you happen to know some "pervs" that go.

In what way are they perverted though?

Of course men like looking at naked women, but not usually enough to go and pay loads of money to leer at dirty old tarts...

It's not just the men you have a problem with is it.

I dont begrudge them/you it though cos theyre/youre not doing any harm to me. Each to their own and all that (i say "you" as youre obviously part of the dirty old perv crew to stick up for them so vehemently, but pardon my rudeness if that is not the case)

I don't think I will pardon it, this is a debate, perhaps you should remember that and not leap to wild conclusions and make accusations.

I dont begrudge them/you it though cos theyre/youre not doing any harm to me. Each to their own and all that (i say "you" as youre obviously part of the dirty old perv crew to stick up for them so vehemently, but pardon my rudeness if that is not the case)

You're fighting a good point Cyclone - if this is the kind of stuff you are having to respond to, you deserve credit!!

LOL OK, everyone who goes to lapdancing clubs are respectable gentlemen who just appreciate a ladys naked body like a piece of artwork, or like admiring a pedegree horse. Of course they arent dirty old pervs, thats just the odd one or two who bring the reputation down...Hahahaha..

PS.. i am also on about people who FREQUENT these places, im well aware of stag do's and one off trips with mates for a laugh. If i had to make regular visits to some seedy old club to stuff money into the thong of a muscly old men to get my kicks, i think i would openly admit I was a perv, so i dunno why you have a problem admitting the same... as i say, theres nothing WRONG with it per se. Each to their own. I cant believe im even debating this!

Edited by kittykat

I cant believe im even debating this!
I don't believe you should, either: you obviously do not know what 'perv' (or 'perversion', for that matter) means.

If i had to make regular visits to some seedy old club to stuff money into the thong of a muscly old men to get my kicks, i think i would openly admit I was a perv
I suggest you Google the meaning :)

lol :hihi::hihi: only on the internet could this type of discussion occur.

per路vert (pr-v没rt)

tr.v. per路vert路ed, per路vert路ing, per路verts

1. To cause to turn away from what is right, proper, or good

sounds about right to me...:huh::suspect: