Lap dancing Women not sex objects Demonstration outside townhall today

I think its best that the pervs.. sorry... men have somewhere to go, and if women are willing to do it, and its safe, legal and there is plenty of security.. i dont see why it needs to be protested against... Its not like anyone is MAKING the women do it????

With the current issues in the SWP, "feminist" doesn't seem to sit so easily with "SWP" right now....

And why must a feminist be labelled as a Trotskyist. What was so feminist about Leon Trotsky?

To balance this out, I once knew a very feminist woman who worked as a "dancer" at the old Dog & Partridge down Attercliffe. She viewed it as her exploiting people who were sad enough to pay her to dance - but in that particular venue she did say that the pressure to "earn extra money" was very high, and any woman working there had to be sure of herself to keep her work at a level that she was comfortable with.

Stripping & sex work is and will always be a subject that is debated with quite different viewpoints amongst people who would identify as feminist, or have feminist sympathies if not applying the "label". So to class one particular view as "the feminist viewpoint" is not as offensive as plain ignorant & ill-informed

you know what i mean (swp types) usually large women with berets, green hair, donkey jackets and cornish pastie lookalike shoes, the men usually have ginger dreadlocks in headbands, piercings, stripey old jumpers, old rucksacks with a mongrel called 'moon' or 'mars' you know what i mean ; >

you know what i mean (swp types) usually large women with berets, green hair, donkey jackets and cornish pastie lookalike shoes, the men usually have ginger dreadlocks in headbands, piercings, stripey old jumpers, old rucksacks with a mongrel called 'moon' or 'mars' you know what i mean ; >

... and called "Millie Tant" no doubt :roll:

WAY to stereotype.

I think its best that the pervs.. sorry... men have somewhere to go, and if women are willing to do it, and its safe, legal and there is plenty of security.. i dont see why it needs to be protested against... Its not like anyone is MAKING the women do it????

Well now its been protested against hasn't it,and permission for opening the club has not been granted,so those old pervs will have to go and find a club somewhere else.Perhaps they could book a cheap visit to Blackpool if they are desperate for that kind of entertainment.

... and called "Millie Tant" no doubt :roll:

WAY to stereotype.

Like the person who labels all men visiting strip clubs as the Dirty Mac Brigade and rapists.

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 23:30 ----------

I would much rather they be appreciated for their intellect, and having a good heart.

Maybe they are, why the presumption good looking athletic women aren't also apreciated for their other qualities?

---------- Post added 26-02-2013 at 23:32 ----------

Whoa. Keep your knickers on folks (pun totally intended)

I agree that it's the men who are being exploited. They are fair game when they come in drunk with their wallets in their hands. I actually think most of the girls are pretty savvy.

Its totally different from street prostitution which very often has it's roots in drugs and abuse.

Bottom line: there's a market for it. It is consentual. No one is being forced to dance and no one (as far as I am aware) is being forced to watch.

Let people make their own moral choice.

Well said lad = End of debate.

I don't generally agree with banning things. I believe the protestors are demonstrating against the planned opening of a particular club (on West Street I think) rather than calling for a wholesale ban.

I agree with them, I think a lapdancing club would seriously lower the tone of the area.

It's difficult to imagine anything lowering the tone of that area.

Well now its been protested against hasn't it,and permission for opening the club has not been granted,so those old pervs will have to go and find a club somewhere else.Perhaps they could book a cheap visit to Blackpool if they are desperate for that kind of entertainment.

Hey the local economy needs everything it can to boost it !

There are better places than Sheffield or Blackpool to visit for that sort of entertainment, Amsterdam, Prague ...... Vegas !

Are they full of old pervs or great tourist destinations, unlike our fine city :D

so your response to a series of questions and your answer is to reply with "dont diss stringy" which, considering the establishments Peter Stringfellow succesfully ran with tremendous profit and also the girlfriends he met at the clubs he ran, completely destroys any credibility to any of your comments and reeks of hypocrisy. Would you care to answer any of my questions or is it easier to spout rubbish with nothing to back it up?

And for what its worth, i think "stringy" is a great guy who is a real success story and i wish him every single pound he's earnt and every single white suit he's owned. You are the one who has a problem with establishments of the ilk that he is associated with not me but you defend him? Surely, according to you, he should be run out of town for peddling to sad depraved perverts who go to seedy meat markets?.

Not worth my time replying. Sorry.

Intellect does pay the bills. It's preferable to being exploited in seedy meat markets. That's the whole point.

Perhaps it's preferable for you, but some people obviously disagree.

It's not just dancers though, do you think Wayne Rooney and David Beckham are Mensa members?

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 08:45 ----------

How much do you pay ?

It's been several years since I went there with a stag party, and it wasn't the cheapest place, I think it was about £3.00 a bottle though, low end of club prices I'd have said.

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 08:48 ----------

If you think it's a perversion that men like looking at naked women then I can only assume that you don't actually know any men and have never met one.

Do you actually know what the word 'perversion' means?

I don't think men who go to these places are perverted,simply stupid,gullible and pathetic.

I don't think men who go to these places are perverted,simply stupid,gullible and pathetic.

You're entitled to an opinion I suppose.

You're entitled to an opinion I suppose.

It is an opinion held by most owners of lap dancing clubs and by all the participating women.I would expect most of the public to endorse such views.