Is there anywhere in Sheffield sells real nappies?

Our Smartipants arrived from BabyBots this morning :)

I've told H they're bedtime knickers, and she loves them :D

Great! Hope you get on with them :). Little lambs were offering a trial nappy for postage costs only. £2.75 I think. Pocket nappy with bamboo insert. One size fits all. Just plain white with poppers. Bargain!

I've only washed them through once, and I think they need more for max absorbency, so I added a muslin square in for the first use. She was wet, but thankfully no leaks :)

I hope the little lambs info is useful to somebody else reading. I chose the smartipants with specific criteria, and am really happy with them. The microfibre inserts air dry really quickly too!

My nappies had about 4 washes strix before the first use. Are they microfibre inserts? A few washes without detergent will help increase absorbency and no fabric softener and half the usual amount of detergent. I also do a strip wash each month (a detergentless wash) to get rid of any extra detergent. Glad the first night was a success!

We've been using cloth on my 15 week old for a couple of months now. I love Thirties and BumGenius so far. I'd love a shop to sell them though, I've only bought online from FluffHeaven and terrynappies. Seen some in Tesco on Savile St and Boots Meadowhall

Thanks for the advice Adz :)

I'm probably being both impatient and over cautious. In reality the aim is for them not to get wet at all, but I don't fancy the bedding changes in the middle of the night by going completely nappy free

Remyrobson - did you post on the thread somebody started to gauge the market for a nappy shop?

I did post there Strix. I'm in favour, but I can see its selling nappies probably wouldn't make enough to be a viable business. They can be addictive things to buy though...!

I'm Not keen on the Velcro ones either. Although most brands offer Velcro or applix.

A bit of a rip-off?

have you tried mother care or google who sells terry nappys in sheffield

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 15:16 ----------

i have just googled it for you and there are dozens of places you can get then i thought i'd let you do the honours of looking for them

have you tried mother care or google who sells terry nappys in sheffield

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 15:16 ----------

i have just googled it for you and there are dozens of places you can get then i thought i'd let you do the honours of looking for them

some people don't read threads before posting :roll:

Hi All, I have just come across this thread and wondered if I could help. I own a reusable nappy company covering Sheffield and offer home visits.

I have a range of Birth to Potty all-in-one, Newborn all-in-one, Bamboo 2 piece and Microfleece 2 piece.

For more information please visit the website: http://www.sheffieldrealnappies.co.uk or http://www.preciousnappies.com

The chemists on the Wicker have most things.

If they've not got them in they'll get them for you.