Sheffield egg run 2013

pixie you have 1, your mum has 1, jim has 1 and martin has 1 sorted.

pixie you have 1, your mum has 1, jim has 1 and martin has 1 sorted.

Sheesh, someones alwyas gotta have an answer! You know thats not going to happen though! :hihi:

I remember a few years ago heading up Netherthorpe towards Ecclesall Road when we got stopped at the Brook Hill roundabout by the Police.

We were stuck there for about 15 minutes whilst bike after bike came up Hannover Way, turning up towards the Childrens Hospital.

At the time I was furious, because I thought a group of bikers were causing disruption and costing us money in terms of police time.

Afterwards when I found out what it was all about I felt a little sheepish. :blush:

It sounds like a good bit of fun for a very good cause.

Regards

Doom

I remember a few years ago heading up Netherthorpe towards Ecclesall Road when we got stopped at the Brook Hill roundabout by the Police.

We were stuck there for about 15 minutes whilst bike after bike came up Hannover Way, turning up towards the Childrens Hospital.

At the time I was furious, because I thought a group of bikers were causing disruption and costing us money in terms of police time.

Afterwards when I found out what it was all about I felt a little sheepish. :blush:

It sounds like a good bit of fun for a very good cause.

Regards

Doom

Doom, I can understand the frustration on the part of other motorists, especially as many don't know about the ride. But to see the faces of the children looking out of the hospital windows as hundreds of bikers salute them, now thats something. A lot of them are too poorly to come out to the park so a certain few go in to do a meet and greet, and of course hand out some eggs.

Call up if you have time on easter sunday, you'll find plenty of friendly faces :D

:confused:Thanks for the info, will be there at carcraft, i'll be on the ducati near the AA and maybe in my Jamie Toseland Limited Edition (number 52 of a series of 52) all in one leathers, unless someone buys them before then. If they do i suppose i could borrow some gear from the AA :D

i think i may join you next to the AA bikes beemer888!! the vfr has seen better days, if it wont start at subway will there be any willing volunteers to give me a push, LOL.

Doom, I can understand the frustration on the part of other motorists, especially as many don't know about the ride. But to see the faces of the children looking out of the hospital windows as hundreds of bikers salute them, now thats something. A lot of them are too poorly to come out to the park so a certain few go in to do a meet and greet, and of course hand out some eggs.

Call up if you have time on easter sunday, you'll find plenty of friendly faces :D

I was in hospital with my son in 2005 over Easter. I'd never heard of the egg run and had no idea what it was, but what an amazing surprise and fabulous event :D I've seen the bikes on their way a few times now, it's fantastic what they do.